• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga Nears Ending

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YamiWheeler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:49 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
For the last five or six years, they've been treating Bleach like it was a bottom of the barrel series.

That's because they recognise that it's complete garbage.

Good on them, frankly.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
IMO, Bleach reached its high point in the Soul Society arc. Occasionally, things happened that came close to that, but it was rare. IMO, Kubo had some good ideas and ran with them, but couldn't figure out what to do with them once the initial story ideas ended, and he's been mostly flailing around ever since.

The current arc is... well, I am only watching it to see how it all ends. There's nothing particularly compelling about it. It's not bad stuff, but its not amazing, either.

I'm glad it is all coming to a close, but I wish he'd written a more compact story, only that would've required him knowing where he was going from the get-go, and I seriously doubt that was the case.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:37 pm Reply with quote
When I saw this, my reaction was pretty much, "yeah, I'll believe it when I see it." I'm still reading Bleach, but thought it would have been appropriate to end it after Aizen and would have been fine with it if it did end there. Things have dragged, but it's still enjoyable to see random powers and battles, just make sure not to think about how pointless most of those fights are and how long it's been since we've seen whoever. I think part of the problem is that Kubo just threw too much into this arc and also has no problem just writing characters out when he's done with them just to move on to the next fight. If anything, it seems like his main goal is just to show off different powers, characters, costumes and what not as opposed to the story. Not that that doesn't jive with SJ of course.

Anyway, once this is all over in a few years, it would be nice to a have a well paced, filler free, final anime arc.

A Man named RJ wrote:
Bout time this clownfest ended. I started reading Bleach around 2009, and ragequit when spoiler[Yamamoto unleashed a Bankai he didn't even try to use in the fight against Aizen, and wound up being killed by a fake Yhwach.] But then i died a second time when Black Zangetsu's orgin was retconned.

iirc, Yamamoto's power was sealed by Aizen (using that arrancar that couldn't talk I think). Of course, he could have acted sooner, but if you just have the strongest guy around step in and squash the bad guy from the start, it doesn't make for very compelling reading.
Kennideelee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
I know it's not likely and whatnot but I wish it could come back because I can't sfford to read the manga and it was the first anime I ever watched so I just want to finish it in a good way the ending in 2014 was crap and I came believe someone would ever think about ending an snime that way but I still love it guess it's s guilty pleasure... But I really do wish it would come back Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6