• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Live Photos from Anime Expo 2016!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
Day 4 and still no photos...Could this be the result from a glitch?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Is everyone having this problem? I can't replicate the issue you're having - the photos show up fine for me. I'll ask our team.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote
It seems a lot of people are - I haven't been able to see anything either.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:35 pm Reply with quote
@Zac
I am not seeing the pictures with Firefox (with AdBlock and Noscript disabled on that page), the Chrome browser, or IE. All running in Windows 7.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:46 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
...(Every panel I've gone to thus far this year, coincidentially, has been in Room 403AB, whose line does not have any shade whatsoever)
Yeah, I was in that one today for the MHA panel, I think it's the only tarp-less line though (sunburn~~). Glad that you found a good deal on parking but I'm afraid I can't give up the appeal of a short walk after spending the day walking or standing in lines to save the money, my feet and legs thank me later. Wink
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
I still am not seeing any photos in the article.

Ah, now I see the problem. The photos are not in the article, they're displayed right on the frontpage itself, in the sidebar. I'll add the Twitter widget to the article as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Ah, now I see the problem. The photos are not in the article, they're displayed right on the frontpage itself, in the sidebar. I'll add the Twitter widget to the article as well.

Are the photos from the Twitter feed https://twitter.com/ann_events?

12 tweets in the last 24 hours doesn't seem like a huge lot for such a big event.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
Dan42 wrote:

Are the photos from the Twitter feed https://twitter.com/ann_events?

12 tweets in the last 24 hours doesn't seem like a huge lot for such a big event.

Yeah, on the last two days the editorial team's interview and panel schedule was packed and we didn't have quite as much time as we thought to tweet the show. We'll keep the feed busier at Otakon, scout's honor!
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Yeah, on the last two days the editorial team's interview and panel schedule was packed and we didn't have quite as much time as we thought to tweet the show. We'll keep the feed busier at Otakon, scout's honor!

Thanks, I can imagine that it can be hard enough to get good photos even without such schedules.

Editorial content is good also, I've seen a concert report on another site for a previous Otakon where there were 92 photos Shocked but only mention of one song by name from the set list.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I love Bamboo's cosplaying of Nico--she looks adorable! Anime catgrin
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
That Yokai vid just makes me wanna crack up and cry simultaneously at how cute that is.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:26 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Just asking because your tags note you're in the UK and I HAVE TO know. Is this serious or sarcastic? Because speaking as someone (in Texas) currently enjoying upper 90s, lower 100s F temperatures, the forecast your posted looks like a BEAUTIFUL weekend.

I am sorry for the late reply, but there was an element of earnest behind my earlier jest. Our weather is, for the most part, an endless autumn. Having grown accustomed to this, the scorch of a real summer is hardly to my taste. To an extent I pity the poor souls bracing the artists' alley of AX—accounts from attendees suggest it was tropical in the most perspirant of ways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sloppy_Jimbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:35 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Hiroki not Takuya"]
Sloppy_Jimbo wrote:
I'm going to AX on Sunday. If it doesn't break 80 F, I will praise the skies.

Quote:

As one who has been on Friday and Saturday (today here in SoCal) the weather has been good, ~75degF intermittent breezes so it has been feeling warm because of the sun, better weather than many AX's I've been to. The convention hall AC seems to be keeping the halls acceptably cool (walking amongst the crowds one feels warm but there are many cool spots). Also, many kudos this year as it seems the lines (SAO and Erased I was in and several more observed moving) have been exceptionally well handled and organized, shade tarps everywhere and even cases of bottled water for free for the line for reg day1 at least. The staff/volunteers are in charge and know what they are doing, night and day difference from a couple of years ago and there were a lot of people today (100k??).

The weather was not bad on Sunday, but it was definitely humid. We picked up our badges on Saturday in the evening, so there was no line. In the past would always pick the badge the morning of whatever day we picked. It would a two hour wait, minimum.

Like leafy sea dragon said, there was no tarp for the 503AB. I went to the Studio Bones panel. This year was better organized than most. I have attended all but two or three AX's since 2007.

I should be at work right now, but I picked up a virus from somebody at the con. Yeah..
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Now I can see the photos! Awesome!

The scene that's had trouble being described is Kirby and Gooey. Kirby is, of course, the Nintendo platforming character. Gooey is the Player 2 character from a couple of the earlier Kirby games and controls identically to Kirby.

I never saw that Jibanyan anywhere. That's so awesome! I also want a plush of Kuro from Blue Exorcist. Never saw them sold anywhere.

Yep, I spent most of my time in the entertainment hall at the "coolest spot in all of anime expo." I got the #1 high score on Terminator 2: Judgment Day on Saturday night with a high score of 147 million (initials are CHR), but they were reset the following day. The top rollover lights were fiddly, however, so it screwed with my ability to multiply the end-of-ball bonuses. Then, the following day, someone way better than me was at it, putting up scores in the 300 million range. Go fig. I was never any good with the Super Jackpots; I prefer to get my scores via Payback Time. I have no idea how to play Rollergames though, so I couldn't get the massive scores its high score list boasted.

By the way, the bags were themed not just on Akame ga Kill, but on Parasyte, Ushio & Tora, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, and more I can't recall at the moment. Both Sentai and Crunchyroll were competing to get their bags to attendees, and on Day 0, there was much clamor over the Akame ga Kill bags from people who instead got the tiny orange Crunchyroll bags, though starting on Day 1, Crunchyroll started giving out the bigger bags Sentai had been providing.

Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Yeah, I was in that one today for the MHA panel, I think it's the only tarp-less line though (sunburn~~). Glad that you found a good deal on parking but I'm afraid I can't give up the appeal of a short walk after spending the day walking or standing in lines to save the money, my feet and legs thank me later. Wink

I finally went to a non-403 event on Day 3, and it not only did not have those tarp tents, the line ran parallel right next to a row of them. (It was the Room 515 line.) I think I just had bad luck.

(My job requires me to spend large amounts of time outside in the sun lifting heavy objects. I would LOVE to have shade, but I'll put up with 20 minutes of walking to the convention center and another 20 minutes back. For the record, it's the lot at the northwest corner of 8th and Flower, which is $6 for each weekend day and weekday evening. It's slowly getting taken over by reserved parking spaces though. When I first parked there a few years ago, I could park on the second floor. Now I have to travel almost to the fifth floor.)

Zin5ki wrote:
HeeroTX wrote:
Just asking because your tags note you're in the UK and I HAVE TO know. Is this serious or sarcastic? Because speaking as someone (in Texas) currently enjoying upper 90s, lower 100s F temperatures, the forecast your posted looks like a BEAUTIFUL weekend.

I am sorry for the late reply, but there was an element of earnest behind my earlier jest. Our weather is, for the most part, an endless autumn. Having grown accustomed to this, the scorch of a real summer is hardly to my taste. To an extent I pity the poor souls bracing the artists' alley of AX—accounts from attendees suggest it was tropical in the most perspirant of ways.

Yeah, I think I mentioned it already, but this is the coolest, weather-wise, an Anime Expo has ever been that I went to. And again, the brutal California sun makes it a world of difference between whether you're in the shade or not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3