• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Live Photos from Anime Expo 2016!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:37 am Reply with quote
Pardon me if it's off-topic but I've seen no pictures or reviews of the Anisong World Matsuri apart from what has appeared on artist blogs or Japanese promotional sites (e.g. BARKS).

Has anyone seen any post concert coverage on any US web sites?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:45 am Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
Pardon me if it's off-topic but I've seen no pictures or reviews of the Anisong World Matsuri apart from what has appeared on artist blogs or Japanese promotional sites (e.g. BARKS).

Has anyone seen any post concert coverage on any US web sites?

Photos aren't allowed during those events and as press we have to follow those rules very closely - also we've had very poor readership with "reviews" of concerts that feature no photos or footage otherwise, so we haven't done anything like that in a long while.

We did manage to get an interview with Aqours, which will have approved photos, so look forward to that! Smile
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:03 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Photos aren't allowed during those events and as press we have to follow those rules very closely - also we've had very poor readership with "reviews" of concerts that feature no photos or footage otherwise, so we haven't done anything like that in a long while.

We did manage to get an interview with Aqours, which will have approved photos, so look forward to that! Smile

OK, thanks for the information, I'd hoped that the organisers would have released some sanctioned concert photos to those accredited as media reporting on Anime Expo.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
HeeroTX wrote:
Just asking because your tags note you're in the UK and I HAVE TO know. Is this serious or sarcastic? Because speaking as someone (in Texas) currently enjoying upper 90s, lower 100s F temperatures, the forecast your posted looks like a BEAUTIFUL weekend.

I am sorry for the late reply, but there was an element of earnest behind my earlier jest. Our weather is, for the most part, an endless autumn. Having grown accustomed to this, the scorch of a real summer is hardly to my taste. To an extent I pity the poor souls bracing the artists' alley of AX—accounts from attendees suggest it was tropical in the most perspirant of ways.

Heh, my boss is from UK and I recently discussed weather with him. He noted how hot it is and I told him I prefer it to the cold. He responded that even though he's from the UK, since he's lived here for a pretty long while now he can't take UK winter anymore.
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:03 am Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
Zac wrote:

OK, thanks for the information, I'd hoped that the organisers would have released some sanctioned concert photos to those accredited as media reporting on Anime Expo.

Dude, you can go to Twitter and search for photos and videos. I posted a bunch of clips from the concert. Japan Super Live was amazing! So glad I went and we'll definitely VIP it next year. The band battle was pretty cool too. It was a smaller more inclusive venue which let to a really great experience! FLOW was great but OLDCODEX really went all out.

I'm going to JPop Summit in SF and can't wait for GARNiDELiA (MARiA).
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:43 am Reply with quote
Chichiryuutei wrote:
Dude, you can go to Twitter and search for photos and videos. I posted a bunch of clips from the concert. Japan Super Live was amazing! So glad I went and we'll definitely VIP it next year. The band battle was pretty cool too. It was a smaller more inclusive venue which let to a really great experience! FLOW was great but OLDCODEX really went all out.

If photos aren't allowed in these events, then aren't what they're doing illegal?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Quote:
If photos aren't allowed in these events, then aren't what they're doing illegal?

There is a difference between breaking the organization's rules, and breaking an actual law. The first can get you thrown out of the concert of the convention the second can get you arrested. As Zac said, ANN has to be very careful to obey the convention rules (as they need to maintain a professional relationship with them.) A random concert viewer has very little to lose. About the only thing that would get a person arrested for taking photos is if they violently refused to leave.
omiya

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote
Chichiryuutei wrote:

Thanks, I've searched on the Twitter hashtag #AnisongWorldMatsuri and found a few things.

Daisuke.net mentioned that digest clips of the concerts would be appearing later in the northern summer.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:24 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
There is a difference between breaking the organization's rules, and breaking an actual law. The first can get you thrown out of the concert of the convention the second can get you arrested. As Zac said, ANN has to be very careful to obey the convention rules (as they need to maintain a professional relationship with them.) A random concert viewer has very little to lose. About the only thing that would get a person arrested for taking photos is if they violently refused to leave.

All right then. Still a very disrespectful and risky thing to do. If I go to an event where photographs and videos are not allowed, then I understand it's because someone there is uncomfortable with having images leaked out online somewhere, and I'll respect them by complying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3