• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media to Release JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 on Blu-ray Disc

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Foreverfizz8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:50 pm Reply with quote
My oh my, will they make some dough. I of course will also be contributing by buying the fudge out of it!
explosionforgov

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:
They previewed a dubbed scene from episode 5 today. All the test dub voices were kept, and Polnareff sounds solid. Someone uploaded it on Youtube if you want to search.

Been trying to search for anything from the Warner Bros., JoJo's official, and/or fan panel on YouTube, finding nothing so far. Please let me know if you can find it.

My ideal DVD/Blu-Ray for the series would be this:

• Just make it more easily obtainable. I've been in six different stores, none of them had it for sale.
  • Better/more professional menu artwork
  • Same dub (I like it, I think the hammy nature fits perfectly.)
  • Replace dubtitles for the JP language track with the subtitles from Crunchyroll/Hulu, add maybe other language sub options
  • Clean OP/ED
  • Keep all licensed music
  • Unpopular opinion, possibly: Please, PLEASE put this show on Toonami. Get the largest audience humanly possible. A lot of what Toonami has aired in the past wouldn't even exist without JoJo's. Besides, how expensive could it possibly be, considering Warner Bros. owns both the show and Cartoon Network itself?

I'm also absolutely buying that how-to manga book. I'd buy it for the "Araki lovingly embraces his OC" art alone, but I'm also curious to see his insight into the industry, considering that I've always wanted to do comics myself.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
So, does this mean Stardust Crusaders DVD would be Warner too or would Viz be able to release it? I don't see any clarification on that.

Quote:
Glad this show isn't on TV in the States

Are you serious? It's been requested for Toonami a lot. It's likely to end up there at some point.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Are they going to release the Blue-Rays in Europe too?
I hate the Warner Bros DVDs so i want to be able to buy and watch the probably way better Viz Media Blue-Rays with way better subtitles and other stuff.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
CyberLance wrote:
I hate the Warner Bros DVDs so i want to be able to buy and watch the probably way better Viz Media Blue-Rays with way better subtitles and other stuff.

It got licensed in Europe by Kaze a few months ago so the UK should get an English release after Viz releases it here.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
CyberLance wrote:

It got licensed in Europe by Kaze a few months ago so the UK should get an English release after Viz releases it here.

Ok thank you im very happy to hear that.
I really want to own better Jojo DVDs with better subtitles so i hate that its taking such a long time for both Viz and Kaze to release them.

I looked at the French Kaze site and it seems like the Jojo DVDs are already available over there.

http://anime.kaze.fr/produit/saison_1_jojo_s_bizarre_adventure_dvd

Are they planning to release them in the UK like they did with Magi and other shows?
I sure hope they are not going to be French only.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4