• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure tri. Anime Gets English Dub With Jeff Nimoy Reprising Role

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:31 am Reply with quote
OH YES! Awesome! Very Happy
taichi256

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote
Very Happy I'm so glad, I hope Ireally hope Joshua Seth plays Tai Kamiya again and I'm happy to have the same name as of my favourite Original Digidestined.
Freyanne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
I am so happy for this. I figured it would be a matter kf time before it would get dubbed.

Now, I am wondering how many of the previous cast for the dub would/could return for tri.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:50 am Reply with quote
Awesome. Now the question is...will there be edits?
Freyanne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Unless they plan on airing it in TV, I really doubt they would edit it.
And even if they did, It wouldnt be given the "90s/early 00s" treatment that the original US dub had.
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:04 am Reply with quote
What? No "DIGIMON! DIGITAL MONSTERS!! DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!". Childhood ruined!

...sorry, I had to. (>.<)
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

Saban Brands has stepped away from the franchise and, like Freyanne said, this is unlikely to air on TV. So it'll hopefully be uncut.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:12 am Reply with quote
It doesn't matter either way. After what "they" (regardless of if it was Saban Brands, Studiopolis [or whoever], Nickelodeon, or two of them, or all three of them) did to Digimon Xros Wars (AKA: "Fusion"; which was right in front of the Crunchyroll viewers), there's no guarantee that this dub will be any different. Everyone knows this now. For this reason, I will not be watching this dub, regardless of how its handled (or not). I haven't been watching the subtitled version (also on Crunchyroll) because I don't feel it's appropriate at this time. I can't take the chance that this dub will create yet another disparity: one version for the "fans", and another for "everybody else" (not necessarily to the level of what Nelvana did* to Cardcaptor Sakura, but a disparity nonetheless). In short, I don't want to watch what essentially amounts to two different shows. Even then, one way or another, it's as the old saying goes, they made their bed, now they can lie in it.

*Before anyone starts the "it was the network that did it" explanation, it doesn't matter either way. One way or another, both sides were equally responsible for what had been the definitive example (or at least one of them) of a "Macekre".
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
YESSSSS. I knew it would be dubbed eventually, but great to have confirmation. I hope the complete cast returns.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:42 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
YESSSSS. I knew it would be dubbed eventually, but great to have confirmation. I hope the complete cast returns.

I knew it as well, the question wasn't "Is it going to be dubbed?", it's "When it's going to be dubbed?". Fingers crossed that they at-least get some of the original cast.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
TheHTRO wrote:
It doesn't matter either way. there's no guarantee that this dub will be any different.

See...you get it. What(tri.) is aimed at the older audience in Japan most likely won't be the same outside of it, and we know what comes with that.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
You guys can complain all about "censorship" and edits all you want, i loved the original Digimon back when i was kid and recently rewatched it not too long ago. I am just hoping everyone keeps their English Dub names since those the names i personally prefer and grew up with.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:26 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
I am just hoping everyone keeps their English Dub names since those the names i personally prefer and grew up with.

I was kinda hoping they would use their original Japanese names this time around. Those who watched Digimon back in the day are adults now, myself included, and I wouldn't mind calling them by their un-Americanized names.

Last edited by Animechic420 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
I am just hoping everyone keeps their English Dub names since those the names i personally prefer and grew up with.

I'm sure they will.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Why does everyone think it's going to be censored? Tri is aimed at older fans, not kids like the other seasons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5