• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Namco Teases 'Next Development' for God Eater

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:38 am Reply with quote
Can we get more on Utsugi Lenka please. he's the best anime character ever, My husbando.
alecchi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:44 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Can we get more on Utsugi Lenka please. he's the best anime character ever, My husbando.

Please no, I love him too, but Bandai is killing ufotable with their adaptations.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:19 am Reply with quote
That is actually Livie Collete in the promo. She is a character from God Eater 2, kind of famous for being a fanservice character because of her design. If they decide to make a game with her being the main character I think many Otaku will be attracted to the game.
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:36 am Reply with quote
...The image ANN used is just the cover for the second game in the US... It's not saying that Livie is getting her own game or anything. yet. In fact, the first part of the linked tweet is talking about the English release of the games. (that we finally got/are getting! yeee! Very Happy )

I don't see how Livie's design makes her all that fan-servicy, but whatevs, it is a cute design.

That said, in answer to the first post, GOD I hope it has nothing to do with Lenka or that horrid grim-dark adaptation. I doubt it though since he seems to be talking about the games. The video game series is super popular in Japan, so hm, we'll see.
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:52 am Reply with quote
Extremely doubtful but an Xbox One port would be nice..
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
That is actually Livie Collete in the promo. She is a character from God Eater 2, kind of famous for being a fanservice character because of her design. If they decide to make a game with her being the main character I think many Otaku will be attracted to the game.

The whole franchise seems pretty stuffed with "My waifu" type characters (particularly Alisa) with just enough over sized heavily dealt weapons to appeal to fans of that sort of thing. Anyway there's lots of routes it can go.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
Lovely wrote:
...The image ANN used is just the cover for the second game in the US... It's not saying that Livie is getting her own game or anything. yet. In fact, the first part of the linked tweet is talking about the English release of the games. (that we finally got/are getting! yeee! Very Happy )

I don't see how Livie's design makes her all that fan-servicy, but whatevs, it is a cute design.

That said, in answer to the first post, GOD I hope it has nothing to do with Lenka or that horrid grim-dark adaptation. I doubt it though since he seems to be talking about the games. The video game series is super popular in Japan, so hm, we'll see.
I personally prefer grim dark for this sort of thing. That's part of why I loved the anime. And also partly why I dislike that they toned down the blood for the US release of the games.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
The world needs more God Eater.

ETX wrote:

Literally might be the first Xbox port beg I've seen for this game. How about you buy this Japanese game on the Japanese console its on so you won't have to go through this? lol Clearly, it was a business decision not to release the game on Xbox for obvious reasons.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Lets go! God Eater 3! I think it might happen.

ETX wrote:

Don't beg, buy the home console for this game series.
natchu96

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I would not mind if they lump all the melee combat mechanics so far into one game simultaneously or do something even more ridiculous, because melee still can't possibly top guns and their lolzy 13 second clear times for endgame missions. Predator styles do jack all for your DPS but they're fun to work with. Launching yourself around the map and all that. And blood arts strong enough.
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Lovely wrote:

I personally prefer grim dark for this sort of thing. That's part of why I loved the anime. And also partly why I dislike that they toned down the blood for the US release of the games.

Well. you Should probably steer clear of the games in general then. Not just because of the blood*, but that The anime and the games are completely different in tone in general. (Not to mention a lot of the lore and character personalities being vastly different.)

*As a side note, I played the Japanese versions of both God Eater 1 and 2 (well. the freakishly long demo's anyways.) , and honestly I can't really notice the blood being less at all. Maybe it'll be more noticeable in the second game.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Cool. Looking forward to more coming and getting the two PS4 copies in August when it ships.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1