• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Santaman! [2006-12-15]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WEKS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes, I think that Mr. Santaman is just a little too harsh. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
animalia555

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Full Metal Alchemist and Trinity Blood aren't really focused on Europe either, despite they're set in a pseudo European country. FMA also give Ishbal (and Xing in the manga) fair play. And Ametris, which is a psuedo England in spirit, isn't always depicted in a positive light, hell, I don't think it really was. Trinity Blood is more focused on the Vactian than Europe itself, and it also focuses time to time on the Methsuleah Empire, which is a psuedo-India country. I suggest not to read D.Gray-Man either.
Hmm, Ametris always semmed more of a Germany to me with the whole Führer thing. Also the Methsuleah Empire is located in Eastern Europe, not India. (I realize it's possible you meant it just reminded you of India. If that is the case I am sorry if I offended you. Anyways, now you know it's "actual location.")

Last edited by animalia555 on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:

1. Walk outside
2. Approach gutter
3. Pick up first DVD that floats past
4. Enjoy

LOL, thats a good one
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:17 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:
Quote:
That said, just you wait; in 2007 we're gonna get Ken Akamatsu's Les Miserables, where Jean Valjean is a hapless ronin virgin college kid and Cossette is his 12-year old panty-flashing jailbait half-sister from the future.

If this actually comes to fruition, so help me God...........

I heard your wish. Twisted Evil

Anime cry Nooooooooooo!

Why Les Misérables? It could have been any other novel in history, any other work of fiction, but why this, my most treasured and beloved book, one of the only books I ever felt a truly deep, powerful spiritual connection to? Plainly speaking, visual adaptations of this dense and multi-layered novel can only scratch the surface of Hugo's masterful prose and historic exposition. Not to mention his superb symbolism and portrayal of the human psyche and the nature of man. All other attempts to adapt this novel have fallen hopelessly short: the musical, the films (well, the two I've seen, anyway)... and now this? Oh my God, Shoujo Cosette, are you kidding me? Les Misérables is a book about a defeated man who learned how to trust and love again, and the anime is putting emphasis on Cosette? I know World Masterpiece Theater has done great things in the past, but they've bitten off WAY more than they can chew this time.

I'm sorry about this min-rant, but I am really, terribly upset. I'll just do my best to pretend this title doesn't exist in order to retain my sanity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote
as far as the rant goes, i agree.

if something offends you, turn it off. Family guy offends all of my senses so (don't discuss the show here, PM me and i will politely make a thread dedicated to the subject) i simply change the channel or better yet, some advice most need to take: TURN THE TV OFF!

go read a book for god's sake.

I suppose it's just easier to complain about something than to pro actively avoid it. I mean, why bother with something so trivial as violence when there are bigger matters to fry, like say fart jokes and lame married with kids sitcoms.

as for romeo x juliet, i'd haven't seen the thing but also, consider this: has there ever been an animated romeo and juliet? while i'd just about kill for an anime Midsummer Night's Dream (hell, it's about perfect for animation) i really can't disagree with R x J.

internet seems to have someone down. i personally don't take a damn thing on the interbutt seriously. it's merely a toy for me to play with, not life or death socially.

once again, go read a book.

fawhoooosh!
joel moralez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
Hahaha, Cossette is so MOE!!! Anime hyper

That title pic is nothing compared to these:

(Courtesy of jccw @ Proware's forum)

Just look at those big blue eyes in the second picture... they can melt a heart of steel.

which anime is that picture from
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Try reading the thread and the posts that were being responded to.
joel moralez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote
couldnt you just say it
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:04 am Reply with quote
joel moralez wrote:
couldnt you just say it

What, can't you read? It says right there in the second-to-last picture that the title is レ・ミゼラブル 少女コゼット. Wink
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote
joel moralez wrote:
couldnt you just say it

Couldn't you just excercise a few of your brain cells and read the posts on the first page? Or even just read the filenames of the pictures?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:10 am Reply with quote
joel moralez wrote:
couldnt you just say it

No, because we're not here to act as your brain because you're too lazy to use yours. Now try reading things for yourself or else your time here on this site will be very, very short.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
joel moralez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
joel moralez wrote:
couldnt you just say it

No, because we're not here to act as your brain because you're too lazy to use yours. Now try reading things for yourself or else your time here on this site will be very, very short.

sorry that i asked a question jesus. now i see that some people here are very uptight and others just like to talk mess to others for no reason at all. Idea

next time just dont say anything about it if you dont like what i said. it was just a question
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:49 pm Reply with quote
joel moralez wrote:
it was just a question

That could've been answered by checking a couple posts further up in the thread. We're not so much uptight as we just don't tolerate blatant, deliberate acts of stupidity that derail discussion. You can read, so read.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
joel moralez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
joel moralez wrote:
it was just a question

That could've been answered by checking a couple posts further up in the thread. We're not so much uptight as we just don't tolerate blatant, deliberate acts of stupidity that derail discussion. You can read, so read.

instead of overeacting to things such as this it would Probably would better just not commenting on it because then it really fets off subject.

you guys are already showing me something about some people on this website.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Yes. That we expect people to act intelligently. ^^; Please read posts in a thread before you ask a question! It's common net ettiquete.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7