• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Santaman! [2006-12-15]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:50 pm Reply with quote
joel moralez wrote:

you guys are already showing me something about some people on this website.

That we don't care for stupid and/or lazy people who won't even try putting a little bit of effort (i.e. reading a few posts in a thread) before asking a question that has already been answered?
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
joel moralez wrote:

you guys are already showing me something about some people on this website.

That we don't care for stupid and/or lazy people who won't even try putting a little bit of effort (i.e. reading a few posts in a thread) before asking a question that has already been answered?

Or that we sometimes argue over trivial things?

Subject, one piece. I would be surprised if anyone picked it up in 2009, the only chance in hell it's got would be for some massive deal between 4kids and some other production co in the very near future but 4kids will likely hold on to the license.

sorry guys, games over.

fawhooosh!
animalia555

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:15 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
Yes. That we expect people to act intelligently. ^^; Please read posts in a thread before you ask a question! It's common net ettiquete.
I must admit that sometimes I am guilty of not reading a whole thread myself, when the hread is very long. That being said, this question is answered on the FIRST page, and it would take VERY LITTLE effort to find out the answer, so I must say IN THIS CASE there is NO excuse.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:36 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
Hahaha, Cossette is so MOE!!! Anime hyper

That title pic is nothing compared to these:

(Courtesy of jccw @ Proware's forum)

Just look at those big blue eyes in the second picture... they can melt a heart of steel.

Yeap, the MOE is oozing by the tanker load on this one... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
animalia555 wrote:
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
Yes. That we expect people to act intelligently. ^^; Please read posts in a thread before you ask a question! It's common net ettiquete.
I must admit that sometimes I am guilty of not reading a whole thread myself, when the hread is very long. That being said, this question is answered on the FIRST page, and it would take VERY LITTLE effort to find out the answer, so I must say IN THIS CASE there is NO excuse.

Well, yeah, you don't have to read every single page of every thread you're in, but when you have a question about an anime that's being discussed in the thread, you really should at least skim through the thread before you post....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

Well, yeah, you don't have to read every single page of every thread you're in, but when you have a question about an anime that's being discussed in the thread, you really should at least skim through the thread before you post....

Actually, I do expect people to read every post in a thread before posting in that thread.

As it is most people don't even seem to bother reading past the first post before mashing the post button and rambling on and on, usually just repeating an opinion that's already been espoused, but of course they don't know that because they're too lazy to spend a few minutes reading what's already been said.

It's obnoxious, and as I've said, I'm going to start handing out 2 week bans for anyone who starts their comment with "Well, I didn't read the whole thread, but...". If you can't be courteous enough to even read what other people are saying, why in the world should we care what you have to say?
animalia555

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

Actually, I do expect people to read every post in a thread before posting in that thread.

As it is most people don't even seem to bother reading past the first post before mashing the post button and rambling on and on, usually just repeating an opinion that's already been espoused, but of course they don't know that because they're too lazy to spend a few minutes reading what's already been said.

It's obnoxious, and as I've said, I'm going to start handing out 2 week bans for anyone who starts their comment with "Well, I didn't read the whole thread, but...". If you can't be courteous enough to even read what other people are saying, why in the world should we care what you have to say?
This OBVIOUSLY doesn't apply to this post. But I once came across a thread ~17-20+ page thread, and even though I tried to read the whole thing, it seemed to add new pages faster then I could keep up.
kolibri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:42 am Reply with quote
animalia555 wrote:
This OBVIOUSLY doesn't apply to this post. But I once came across a thread ~17-20+ page thread, and even though I tried to read the whole thing, it seemed to add new pages faster then I could keep up.

If you can't read what people are discussion, why would you even want to contribute? Like Zac said earlier, it's a discussion, not a monologue - to be able to intelligently take part you need to know what other people have said. Personally I often feel that if the thread is more than, say five pages long when I start reading, chances are I won't have anything to say about the original topic that someone hasn't already said. If the topic is interesting though, I'll read the thread and see if there's anything I can add... But I would be very embarrassed if I just repeated what other people have said.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:37 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

Well, that's true. For threads like this, you really should read through most of the topic before posting. I guess I just don't want to say "always", because a forum I mod has a 541 page topic discussing a character from a video game, and...I'd never expect anyone to read that many posts. Anime hyper (Believe it or not, almost all of the posts in that thread are on topic, although I'm sure there's been some topics of dicussion that have been repeated at this point.) There aren't really any topics like that here, though...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
animalia555

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote
kolibri wrote:
animalia555 wrote:

If you can't read what people are discussion, why would you even want to contribute? Like Zac said earlier, it's a discussion, not a monologue - to be able to intelligently take part you need to know what other people have said. Personally I often feel that if the thread is more than, say five pages long when I start reading, chances are I won't have anything to say about the original topic that someone hasn't already said. If the topic is interesting though, I'll read the thread and see if there's anything I can add... But I would be very embarrassed if I just repeated what other people have said.
I honestly did try to read that whole thread, especially asI find it interesting, but like I said new pages kept getting tacked on, as fast or faster then I could knock them off. I was begining to think I By the time it finally slowed down and I could post I might have forgotten what I wanted to say, finally lost interest, or even was unable to finish because I had to go somewhere else in which case there would be even more stack up to read before I got to the end. Usually in cases whereI am unable to read the whole thread I will try to post a disclaimer, however, stating that I was unable to read the whole thing do to length, and that I was sorry if I restated what someone else had already said.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:13 pm Reply with quote
animalia555 wrote:
Usually in cases whereI am unable to read the whole thread I will try to post a disclaimer, however, stating that I was unable to read the whole thing do to length, and that I was sorry if I restated what someone else had already said.

In situations like that I would much rather you not post at all instead of doing this.
Berserkfury819

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
This has been bugging me for forever. Could someone please explain to me hoe the rant was anti-christian? Jason only mentioned God once, and it wasn't in a disrespectful way.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7