• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Game! (TV). (Season 1& 2)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:16 am Reply with quote
@ DuskyPredator - congrats on starting your first gig! Hopefully, it will lead to more substantial things. Mind you, then you'll have less time to watch and write about anime...

So the Aoba vs Momiji battle is on! Sorry Aoba, as much as I adore the dark side that lurks under your nice exterior, I gots to go with Momiji and her large breasts, plus blunt cut hair style. You understand, I'm sure. It's great to have Nene aboard, too.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:39 am Reply with quote
Best of luck to you, Dusky!

I am so happy to see Nenecchi get the offer to work for Eagle Jump. I was actually getting misty-eyed seeing her response to the interview and I loved her professional look! I'm not quite sure why, but she's my favorite character of the series.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Wow, the Momo-chan fanservice was strong this eppie. Me likey that. I was surprised to see Narumi get so P.O.'d at poor Nene. Oh well, I have no doubt Nene will prove she's no nepotistic hire soon enough.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:26 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12 (finale)

Kyaa Anime hyper , Rin finally confessed to Kou! In ways it did not make it too clear, but it was seriously implied, even the "lovebirds" mention by the director seen as a compliment. It will apparently be long distance, and as sad as that kind of is, the case is made well that Kou be respected for it, because she wants to be better. Also, Kou was pretty awesome when she gave Aoba public credit. It was so happy feelings, that I just loved it all. And on that, I kind of feel this new appreciation for the title of the show. Being a gamer, I always saw it just at face value of saying to start playing a new game, especially "new game+", which this season seriously missed out on calling itself. But the way it means to Aoba and crew of a new stage in life, a chance to improve themselves and move forward, it just felt like a really effective way to capsulate the series.

This was a really good follow up from the first season. I think that I will give it a rating of Very good (8/10). not like it was something that was maybe worth a huge amount of discussion. Or really that deep, and has things like taking advantage of cuteness and other random parts. But it feels complete, and well realised, with a rollercoaster of emotions despite supposed to being just a cute girls show, and I think has an interesting perspective that one could grow from in moving forward in life. Good work New Game, you were a good and fun watch.

And added note, I feel kind of inspired to move forward: Step by Step.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:15 am Reply with quote
That was a pretty great finale. I found the Rin-Kou moment very poignant. I was bit surpised when Aoba called Kou an "a-hole" (at least that's how it was translated on Crunchyroll). I am a little frustrated because I actually want more of this show. My favourite sensation after a show ends is like I had with Sakura Quest, which I really loved, but when it was over I felt satisfied and full. I don't like the feeling of wanting more of a show right away, knowing I'm not going to get it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:41 am Reply with quote
Oh, I just remembered something funny at the end I wanted to mention. One of the notable exclusives in the copy of Peco Aoba bought was a concept art book, you know, the thing that Aoba actually did.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
That was a pretty great finale. I found the Rin-Kou moment very poignant. I was bit surpised when Aoba called Kou an "a-hole" (at least that's how it was translated on Crunchyroll).

I think she said in literal translation "idiot". Thing is that translating Japanese is an art so "idiot" mean different things in different situations.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5