• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 Unveils Promo Video, October 2 Debut, Global Plans

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazrick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:59 am Reply with quote
omg! barbatos's new armor looks badass.
K-Anime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:23 am Reply with quote
Based on this PV, looks like Mikazuki doesn't get any taller. I want Mika to at least be the same height as Kudelia. Also, looks like we'll continuing off where season 1 ended, no time-skips.

smokeyjoey8 wrote:
By the time IBO finishes airing on Toonami, enough time will have passed for Aniplex to dub a few episodes of season 2.

You mean Sunrise & Bang Zoom! doing the dub?
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Hopefully S2 has more gundaming and less wandering around...

I'd rather it have a proper story and a decent conclusion instead of more "gundaming". 00 and SEED's second season had plenty of that and both were downright awful.

After all Gundam came fro the idea of wanting to tell a proper sci-fi war story without being forced to put in brightly colored super robots. They still had to put in robots. I appreciate IBO's approach. Also they gave us memorable looking robots this time. Even generic mobile suits are worth watching (and buying) which hasn't been the case in a long time.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
00 and SEED's second season had plenty of that and both were downright awful.

They were better than their first halves though. Silver Talon has a point, having actual focus and decent action scenes would be nice.
Quote:
After all Gundam came fro the idea of wanting to tell a proper sci-fi war story without being forced to put in brightly colored super robots.

Which is why we have VOTOMS. Razz

I hope you guys realize that Bandai at the Anime Expo (supposedly) said they were aware season 1 had little action so they intend to add more this time around. Can't wait for the reactions if that turns out to be true.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:46 am Reply with quote
OH-OH, Orga has a suit on, pretty much confirm he'll turn evil in the season.

Yeah I have to say Gundam don't have the best of track record in season 2, so we'll have to see (like, now that Mika has better connection to his Gundam maybe he'll be able to teleport around and summon a giant beam saber the size of a continent), so long as it doesn't devolve into filler/re-cap and non sense it should be fine, I hope.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Anyone else notice that Cookie, Cracker, Orga, and Kudelia all look a bit older than the previous season? I'm guessing that confirms a time skip of a few years at least. And I'm perfectly fine with that. Though, kind of wish Mikazuki grew a few more inches. Looks like Atra did, at least a tad.

Malnutrition can severely stunt growth. It's why Atra and Mika look younger than they actually are. I also wouldn't be surprised if what happened last season with the Barbatos is having more effects than just the function of Mika's arm and eye.

Anyway, nice to see an exact release date for the new season. No update on what the heck is happening with Gjallarhorn or McGillis, but I would guess it isn't good for Tekkadan and Mars. I also wonder if Mika's connection with Barbatos will be expanded on as it still hasn't been explained as to why he was able to read to loadout during the initial bootup despite being illiterate.
jutsuri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
OH-OH, Orga has a suit on, pretty much confirm he'll turn evil in the season.

Really? Not Orga!

Is that a Gundam thing, or an anime trope I was unaware of?
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Neither, it means speculation after a teaser trailer.
jutsuri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:52 am Reply with quote
Good to know. I just thought it was a bit of a fashion upgrade.
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:50 am Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Quote:

Neither, it means speculation after a teaser trailer.

More than likely, just means he's all grown up Wink
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
I'm liking the new Barbatos a lot more than the older one, although I'm still not crazy about the super-thin midsection from a Gunpla perspective. Most of my decade-old MG kits with gimmicky midsections (Zeta 2.0, RX-78 1.5) haven't really retained their stability in that area of the kit, and I'd be concerned about how the newer, more broad-shouldered Barbatos would hold up over time.
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:17 pm Reply with quote
The first season was so good and Mikazuki was such a refreshing main character over typical shounen protagonist. The only disappointing thing about the last season was changing that awesome theme song.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
From the PV 0:36 spoiler[the dude who pilot Astaroth Gundam from side story manga appear in anime]

spoiler[Astaroth gundam pilot.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Argi_Mirage]

The character design looks similar but the hair color is different. The guy in the trailer has blonde hair where as the guy in the manga has white hair.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:16 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Awesome I can't wait for season 2 to premiere I enjoyed the first season and am currently watching the English dub broadcast on Toonami. Very Happy

Yeah, it's been a lot of fun watching on Toonami.
Merman-X

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
From the PV 0:36 spoiler[the dude who pilot Astaroth Gundam from side story manga appear in anime]

spoiler[Astaroth gundam pilot.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Argi_Mirage]

um maybe not as he has a prosthetic right arm, the guy in the trailer is seen with normal arms if you watch him jog, you can see a glimpse of both of his arms swinging up on the bottom frame despite lasting a few seconds.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3