• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: New Game!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southkaio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Hope that New Game! will have 78 episodes.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Southkaio wrote:

In all serious it could probably get away with 24 as is right now. Their not even halfway through volume two as of episode 7 and the scanlations aren't even done with volume 3 (There's like 5 volumes right now and a prequel spinoff/volume inserts).

So chances are it will end at episode 12, the end of volume 2/start of 3 when the spoiler[the game comes out and is very successful]

I can all but guarantee that the final scene of this season will be at spoiler[The release party and the last scene will be Aoba asking Yagami to sign her copy of the Fairies Story 3]

But if the series is popular i can definitely see it coming back for another 12 episodes in a season or two.

----

Oh Episode seven Umiko is great, in the manga she was never teased so she just showed up to yell at Aoba. Still she's a lot of fun and it's good to see a person who does take their job far more seriously than everyone else.[/spoiler]
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Southkaio wrote:

In all serious it could probably get away with 24 as is right now. Their not even halfway through volume two as of episode 7 and the scanlations aren't even done with volume 3 (There's like 5 volumes right now and a prequel spinoff/volume inserts).

So chances are it will end at episode 12, the end of volume 2/start of 3 when the spoiler[the game comes out and is very successful]

I can all but guarantee that the final scene of this season will be at spoiler[The release party and the last scene will be Aoba asking Yagami to sign her copy of the Fairies Story 3]

But if the series is popular i can definitely see it coming back for another 12 episodes in a season or two.

----

Oh Episode seven Umiko is great, in the manga she was never teased so she just showed up to yell at Aoba. Still she's a lot of fun and it's good to see a person who does take their job far more seriously than everyone else.[/spoiler]

Kirara has never greenlit a S2 for a series that did not get good disc sales numbers, so I would not put that much hope in S2 of new game.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:45 pm Reply with quote
If you're watching New Game and waiting for a progression of the plot, you're watching the wrong show. It's a moe slice of life series. There isn't really a plot, the game design aspect is mostly just there to set up the character interactions.

That said I adore this series!
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:32 am Reply with quote
Everyone is starting to fall for Futaba/mc, I really like this yuri harlem.
I noticed that the nurse was voiced by 'Fujita Saki', definetly one of the
best episodes.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
The series doesn't have any lofty narrative ambitions. There's barely even a narrative. So continuing to judge the series for not advancing the plot isn't the best way to go about a series like this. It's a really well done moe series/slice of life. No one expected any of the cast of K-ON to go anywhere and that isn't held against the series. They are great at what they do, and expecting a narrative is not what the series is for or about.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
it's kind of fun that a minus point for this series is the lack of conflict because the characters are good at doing their jobs and don't care that much about working overtime/during weekends.
Harima

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Director Hazuki continues to be as awesome as ever Very Happy

She should have a whole episode dedicated to her or even her own spin-off show !

Way to go Umiko Very Happy Keep showing those slackers how work gets done !

CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Finally got around to watching this, and I have completely fallen in love with it. I hope it gets multiple seasons Very Happy
RocketOtter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:42 pm Reply with quote
The tagline below the review for this week's episode sounds very misleading in my opinion. It makes the episode sound bad, but Paul gave it a B+. Very odd to say the least......
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
going by extra materials, the mangaka actually worked in teh game industry around 10 years ago, then left to become a mangaka but still has acuaitances workign there, that is why the inside information feels inconsistent deep wise as the changes that have been introduced in the latest years are not familiar to him (he specifically mentions the usage of engines)... and the way he phrased the reason he put cute girls for all characters makes me think that most of the characters are actually guys that he knows irl... kind of a gender swapped shirobako equivalent.

Quote:
Aoba's case of the nine-to-five blues

more like nine-to-nine and actually, the episode in which we took a look at the clock and it was 9 pm when aoba left everybody was like,"good thing we can finish early today", also, the episode started on a saturday to booth.
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:40 am Reply with quote
An Aoba who is a little bit of an S is fine to :3
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:26 pm Reply with quote
a friend and I are having some having by talkign on how the characters are (most likely) people that exist in the real world, same for most situation, but they are male instead of female... like yagami ko sleeping in the office on his boxers.

(considering that around one year ago thre were reports of a snkp employee doing just that.)
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote
Is it just me or does Yagami seem much younger in the outfit(s) she wore (or rather was made to wear) for the interview(s)? Granted in the first (chronologically not order of appearance) she was actually significantly younger.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Is it just me or does Yagami seem much younger in the outfit(s) she wore (or rather was made to wear) for the interview(s)? Granted in the first (chronologically not order of appearance) she was actually significantly younger.

Yagami seems younger because she's not actually that old. Rin talks about Yagami being Aoba's age when she started and that was only about 10ish years ago. So Yagami and Rin are barely over 30 and are still pretty young. Even Hifumi talks about knowing the "old Kou" so Higumi is old enough to know Yagami when she's was in her twenties and Higumi is only a Twenty something in the current plot.

Also,this isn't meant to come off as weird, a lot of Asian women can look young for a long time, so for an anime in Japan it makes sense for a woman on her very early thirties to look like she's in her early twenties.

So while Yagami is drawn to look younger, she actually is quite young and is usually drawn to look and act older.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5