• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game, Round 15

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:53 pm Reply with quote
minigame?

Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:18 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Why the hell would you stop a binge when you only have one episode left?

Wasn't binge-watching. Had been following it week-to-week via fansubs, but the last episode came so late that it ran into the Preview Guide. Once that happened, I decided to wait on the last episode until it came out on Netflix and I had time to do a review for it. That should finally happen tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:31 am Reply with quote
It is I again. From a fansub. This guy might be ambitious and tenacious but he sure can't count. Perhaps he's a member of the Spanish Inquisition. Nobody would expect that.

XXXX, you cannot win against me. There is one crucial difference between us. That is ambition. And tenacity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:25 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Wasn't binge-watching. Had been following it week-to-week via fansubs, but the last episode came so late that it ran into the Preview Guide. Once that happened, I decided to wait on the last episode until it came out on Netflix and I had time to do a review for it. That should finally happen tomorrow.

Ah. Since all you reviewers are goodie two-shoes I thought you would only watch things through official means Razz
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Hint # 1: spoiler[the speaker and addressee are rivals in battle, in love and in technique.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Hint # 2: spoiler[The addressee is about to have woman taken from him. Then he'll be thrown into a crack in the earth.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Shot in the dark: spoiler[Is it Shin from Fist of the North Star taunting Kenshiro as he takes Yuria from him?]
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the quality spoiler[Shin asserts over Kenshiro is "obsession", not "ambition"].
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:44 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Shot in the dark: spoiler[Is it Shin from Fist of the North Star taunting Kenshiro as he takes Yuria from him?]

Bull's eye. Your turn, Vaisaga.

Raftina wrote:
I'm pretty sure the quality spoiler[Shin asserts over Kenshiro is "obsession", not "ambition"].

The fansub I have says "ambition". The unintentional humour may be due to the skill level of the subber.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:21 am Reply with quote
Fansub:

We've only got one shot at love,
So let's have fun inside you,
Let's share a selfish kiss.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:28 am Reply with quote
This is from spoiler[one of the songs from Macross Delta. It's name is "Ichidodake no Koinara" (I think) and I believe it's sung on multiple occassions. It's also the first opening. Freyja often uses this song to show her fighting spirit. Sung by Freyja (and other members of the Walkure) though I think it's usually Freyja who sings this part. ]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:31 am Reply with quote
It's only sung twice, spoiler[once in episode 13 and again in the final episode,] but just the song title is enough.

Your turn.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:33 am Reply with quote
Yeah, those are the two occassions I remembered, but somehow I had the impression that it was sung more times than that.

Next from subs:

Character A: Isn't it ironic that you, who glorified self-sacrifice, would take a hostage?

Character B: It's not that I consider my life precious. But for the sake of [place]... for the [spoiler] world... I cannot afford to die here. No matter what the means, I must survive. For I will be the one reformer who will change this [spoiler] world. This woman will be sacrificed for that cause.

Character C: Character A help!

Character A: Don't move... Character C.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Hint 1. spoiler[B is holding C hostage.......... Oh, also A has no intention of saving her.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:17 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Is it Sasuke talking to Karin while Danzo is using her as a human shield, Naruto Shippuden? Sasuke being the heartless bastard he is shoots right through her.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 45 of 101