• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Novel 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ingraman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
There are (at least?) two mentions of "Xenos's ace" in the review. The more-intelligent, armed dungeon critters don't really have a top-dog. Was that supposed to be "Ikelos Familia's ace", referring to Dix?

I'm looking forward to the next book, and seeing more of the consequences of Bell's choices and how things move forward. Will anyone outside his familia still be friendly to him.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quote
^
Remember, in volume 9 the lizard man (spacing on his name!) mentioned that there was someone even stronger than him among their association, who was training solo in the deeper levels. Given what he's able to do here compared to what the rest of the Xenos can do, he absolutely counts as an ace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aodmisery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:41 pm Reply with quote
will we ever get a anime season 2 too this series? Sad
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:43 pm Reply with quote
aodmisery wrote:
will we ever get a anime season 2 too this series? Sad

Make enough blood sacrifices and we just might...or so I was told.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
There are (at least?) two mentions of "Xenos's ace" in the review. The more-intelligent, armed dungeon critters don't really have a top-dog. Was that supposed to be "Ikelos Familia's ace", referring to Dix?

I'm looking forward to the next book, and seeing more of the consequences of Bell's choices and how things move forward. Will anyone outside his familia still be friendly to him.

Theron's referring to spoiler[Asterios, the super-powerful Xenos who owned Bell's Secretive Girl Squad and only lost to Aiz and co.]. And like you, I'm really interested in seeing the fallout from this. How will Bell be censured? What sort of flack will the other members of Hestia Familia take? Will a newly unshackled Freya Familia capitalize on this in some way? And now that this arc is over, what will the next step be? Will we finally learn a bit more about the Three Great Quests and the Zeus and Hera Familias, or will that be saved for when Bell hits Level 4 and so on?

Key wrote:
^
Remember, in volume 9 the lizard man (spacing on his name!) mentioned that there was someone even stronger than him among their association, who was training solo in the deeper levels. Given what he's able to do here compared to what the rest of the Xenos can do, he absolutely counts as an ace.

That would be Lido.
Melicans

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:28 pm Reply with quote
When I first saw this series on a bookshelf and then learned that it would have an anime adaptation air within a few weeks, I never expected it to turn into the kind of story that it has. Anyone who has avoided this series because of the title is sorely missing out.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:01 am Reply with quote
Damn the epilogue really got me with the cliffhanger card again. Wanna see what spoiler[Hermes is planning in order to help Bell out]. Its a nice way to bring Bell back down to his underdog life because people dont know the truth with the exception of a certain few
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1