• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Tales of Zestiria the X

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
Sorey reminds me of Shiro from fate/stay night. "I will save everyone and make the world a happy place!" Usually just before he gets his ass kicked heh.

The lord of calamity is right in one sense, if malevolence is created from negative human feelings then it's not going away anytime soon so long as humans are humans. If anything I'm surprised humanity has survived as long as it has, you would have thought the evil would have already overrun the world at this point with no shepherd around for so long.

Hardly. if there is one thing for certain, sorey is definitely NO shiro emyia. while he does want to save the world and make everyone happy instead of himself, he's no masochist to the point that he drives himself to insanity unlike shiro who did exactly that in the UBW route of fate stay night.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:47 pm Reply with quote
First episode of the new season kicks things off pretty well. I love the fact they explained how the Sparrowfeathers did business far better in this one episode than at any point in the game, despite it's a minor thing most folks may not concern themselves much with; it's a good detail to cover. As always, I'm holding the anime in much more regard than the game, since you'd have to be the worst storyteller ever to do worse than the game's frigid pacing and loose explanations.

Last edited by belvadeer on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:19 am Reply with quote
And you STILL have the episode numbers wrong. Season started on episode 13, not 14. Episode 00 is NOT episode 1. The episodes themselves VERY clearly show exactly what number they are, and this week's episode showed "13". Fix your stuff, it's only confusing people that expect accuracy. Episode 00 is a separate special properly titled "Tales of Zestiria the X: Saiyaku no Jidai"
WeNTuS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:45 am Reply with quote
^ Right. It's kinda annoying to see episode number messed. Always thinking that u missed something.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:28 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
First episode of the new season kicks things off pretty well. I love the fact they explained how the Sparrowfeathers did business far better in this one episode than at any point in the game, despite it's a minor thing most folks may not concern themselves much with; it's a good detail to cover. As always, I'm holding the anime in much more regard than the game, since you'd have to be the worst storyteller ever to do worse than the game's frigid pacing and loose explanations.

but its definitely a decent game nevertheless. sure its not as good as graces f or xillia, but the zestiria game is definitely a solid tales series. however the anime version i would admit is by far more superior in some things than the game.

hopefully berseria will get the same treatment instead of another 2 ep teaser like in season one.especially if it can shed some light since the reviewer didn't figured out that one of velvet's companions that showed in that music ending theme on ep 7 was edna's brother before he got turned. definitely intriguing to say to least if it turns out her actions are the reason why eizen became a dragon.

though the real intrigue will be how will zestiria's group react to the fact that rose is an assassin by trade and was the one who was after the sheperd's new squire from the beginning. it'll be drama personified to say the least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote
^I don't agree. I personally couldn't stand the game for a number of reasons. It just does a lot of things wrong for me. The skill system for equipment made no sense at all no matter how many explanations I read or charts I looked at, and the combat was awful. I do not consider it a solid title in the series personally and I can't even bring myself to play it through a second time. I didn't even do the Alisha DLC (from what I've seen, it's terrible and tedious, and Alisha struggles to be any help at all in battles) and the extra dungeon is just a colossal waste of time.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:35 pm Reply with quote
It shouldn't be too surprising that Sergei is shaping up to be a decent guy; after all, his game portrayal was one of the few good things about the important NPCs. He ended up as one of the most likable people by the game's end. The response to him was so positive, a lot of people wished he'd been playable in place of Rose, plus the real fun comes from the fact that Sergei was voiced by the current Smash Bros. announcer in the English dub. XD
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Another good episode there.

Won't be long until Rose is able to see all the Seraphs.

Looks like it's going to be a big battle in the next one.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
It shouldn't be too surprising that Sergei is shaping up to be a decent guy; after all, his game portrayal was one of the few good things about the important NPCs. He ended up as one of the most likable people by the game's end. The response to him was so positive, a lot of people wished he'd been playable in place of Rose, plus the real fun comes from the fact that Sergei was voiced by the current Smash Bros. announcer in the English dub. Anime hyper

wouldnt be so sure. i have the game and in the season one. he sounded a lot different. its possible it was temporarily like when dismuke previously voiced michleo in ep 10 and the game VA for sergei will be in season 2, but dont be surprised if he's not.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
wouldnt be so sure. i have the game and in the season one. he sounded a lot different. its possible it was temporarily like when dismuke previously voiced michleo in ep 10 and the game VA for sergei will be in season 2, but dont be surprised if he's not.

It's the same guy.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

well, teh berseria girl shows in the intro (I only noticed this episode) so I guess we will be geting another 2 episodes or so.
chaccide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:39 am Reply with quote
Can you guys at least put spoilers under spoiler tags? Not everyone has played the game. Me for one.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:39 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
jr240483 wrote:

well, teh berseria girl shows in the intro (I only noticed this episode) so I guess we will be geting another 2 episodes or so.

hopefully it will be longer cause considering its called the cross, they have to have both storylines intertwined considering that its possible that the actions that velvet and her companions are the reason why the world in zestiria's time is in such chaos right now. and especially that it also might have be reason why eizen is now a massive dragon. and from the way the eps are turning, its more or less a given that this series is steering away from the game for some parts. hopefully they will allow some things in the series to actually happen that wasnt included in the game. like alisha being able to armatize with one of the seraphs since she's the shepherd's squire and all.
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Given his earlier friendship with Edna's now-transformed brother
I think you are mixing up Dezel with Zaveid.
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
If I was Dezel I would have given up also, Lailah is just too strong.

Good to see Alisha again. I have a feeling next episode will be very good to watch.

The first thing Rose cooked was dark. Must has been Black Stuff. If Edna was there she would say Here Mikleo I made this for you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 19