• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Puzzle & Dragons X (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I have been happy that more episodes have become available too. have a soft spot for this series. Conflicted with the bit with the light ancient, where on one side there is no more ambiguity that he is on the bad side, but on the other hand he has done something to the dark ancient, Daphness, who has shown as pretty cool as actually pretty empathetic.

Also, not entirely happy with the reveal that Ace is 1/4 Dragonoid as explanation of some of his power, like not entirely fair to the fight that humans can be just as good as Dragonoids. Which just leaves I think as far as we know the wood ancient and Garnet as probably pure humans and notably strong.

And comic book hero dragonoid, even worse than what we already knew. Hopefully our heroes understand how bad he really is, Garnet at least seemed to know he was no hero.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Also, not entirely happy with the reveal that Ace is 1/4 Dragonoid as explanation of some of his power, like not entirely fair to the fight that humans can be just as good as Dragonoids.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Isn't "humans are the equals of Dragonoids" pretty much the theme of the series?

Quote:
Which just leaves I think as far as we know the wood ancient and Garnet as probably pure humans and notably strong.

And Charo and Tiger, yes?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:30 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Also, not entirely happy with the reveal that Ace is 1/4 Dragonoid as explanation of some of his power, like not entirely fair to the fight that humans can be just as good as Dragonoids.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Isn't "humans are the equals of Dragonoids" pretty much the theme of the series?

That is what I was saying. Ace as a human being able to match Lance as a Dragonoid, was kind of leading the way that Humans and Dragonoids are equal, but then we got told that Ace's power comes from his Dragonoid ancestry.

As it was, the light ancient had kind of being hinted at as being bad because of his clear hatred of humans with a feeling of superiority of Dragonoids. Not even entirely sure how he was connected his thoughts about both a human and dragonoid being very strong to somehow humans being a problem, and that the wood ancient was confronting him over his racism. Especially with it actually looking like Dragonoids are the majority of villains causing big trouble.

I just thought that despite it, most of the strongest drgaon callers we have seen were dragonoids. Charo and Tiger are not what I would exactly call strong yet, although Tiger was getting close.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 46

Ok, did I forget or are we just now finding out about Gramma being a (or part) Dragonoid? I know we just found out about King, but I hadn't worked out his lineage yet to know where the Dragonoid came in. I guess we're getting his backstory next week.

And speaking of forgetting, I sure as hell don't remember who Sonia is, though I'm quite sure I'm supposed to know. Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:47 am Reply with quote
When she explained that King was 1/2 Dragonoid, with in turn Ace being 1/4 with star in his hair, she pointed at the yellow streak or accessory thing in her own hair as being like a horn, or at least evidence she is a Dragonoid.

As for Sonia, I think we have had it hinted that she was like a disciple to King, she is the girl with two different coloured eyes, as well as horns, wings and dragon legs. I think we had it explained that she differs from most, in being the child of a Dragonoid and a dragon, so she may fit a roll as being a connection between Dragons and Dragonoids, as Ace or his father were meant for Humans and Dragonoids. She has popped up occasionally to play the role of mentor to Ace, and seeing the great King inside him.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:26 am Reply with quote
47-48

So...was that Tamazo with King or Tamazo's ancestor or just a tamadora? That just opened a whole new can of worms about what Tamazo is and where he came from. Are Tama and Devi the only tamadora?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:12 am Reply with quote
Didn't Tamazo like drop from the heavens or something? I don't know, I was thinking tamadora are something that simply goes to chosen people, Ace looking like he could follow his father. The one with King did have a different voice.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:49 am Reply with quote
Did it? They sounded the same to me, with the same personalities. If they had different voices, then ok, that moots a lot of questions. Smile

When I said "where he came from" I meant if he was with King, how did he end up back in egg-drop form to fall on Ace? If they're different though, then never mind.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:27 am Reply with quote
To me, the past Tamazo seemed to have what I think would be a raspy voice, over the one with Ace tends to go for either more animated in its voice.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 51

That felt like it hit surprisingly heavy. I know that Morgan was pretty much acting as a villain, causing a lot of bad things, spoiler[but it really makes me feel bad for Herriot who is entirely a great character, and so sad for her to lose her sister after she already felt like she let her down where she went to the dark side.] I say that as an elder sibling.

No doubt this is all a certain person's fault, and I am disliking him more and more.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:50 am Reply with quote
They certainly drew him as an uber-villain in the last shot.

It always cracks me up when Ace decks out in his phoenix outfit. With his innocent child-like face, he reminds me more of a little kid going trick-or-treating than a powerful hero. I'd be more likely to cuddle him than let him save me. Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 52

And we finally got new OP and ED It does. And looks like Ace's cousin (grandmother's nephew's daughter), Ana, will have larger part going forward, being shown especially part of a four of Ace, Lance, and Garnet. She may be funny with some personality similar to Ace's, and I wonder if she will be placed alongside Lance, maybe helping the Lance x Ace shipper that no doubt exist somewhere. I was oddly noticing that Tiger especially barely appears.

But, it loos like Jest is up to know good, and Lance will be responsible for something going wrong.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:14 am Reply with quote
I miss the dancing. Sad

But even more so than Tiger, Charo has nearly been written out altogether now (at least we got a glimpse of him this episode). At least Tiger follows along behind the group, while Charo barely takes note of their passing and remains on his rock. That doesn't bode well for his future involvement. :/

Wasn't Devi pulled aside by Jest (or somebody) way back in season one, and we were never told what that was all about? Maybe that thread is finally going to be pulled soon, seeing as how Devi's been sweating up a storm ever since they got to Stella. Unless the new tournament derails everything again.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:21 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Wasn't Devi pulled aside by Jest (or somebody) way back in season one, and we were never told what that was all about? Maybe that thread is finally going to be pulled soon, seeing as how Devi's been sweating up a storm ever since they got to Stella. Unless the new tournament derails everything again.

It did look like Jest said something to Devi that was pretty much a threat and to separate the two of them, and Dafness was warning Devi, so I don't think Devi really trusts the guy.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 63

One of the higher animated episodes. At the least it seems like everything is put out in the open, but apparently the majority of Dragonoid Dragon callers are easily swayed by the promise of power and become racists.

Can't wait for the day that Jest gets what is coming to him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5