• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Mob Psycho 100

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Odd that the article links to a two year old thread, but oh well.

spoiler[I do like the new animation where they animated that jerk ass in over Mob and the other characters when he decided to retell the story making himself the hero.]

That actually made watching this bearable; otherwise I would have just passed voter it as I usually hate flashback/recaps.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:07 pm Reply with quote
See, now that's a creative way to do a recap. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but then anything where I get to listen to Takahiro Sakurai for 90% of the dialog is win for me. Smile But there were a couple of places where he seemed to be channeling Osomatsu. Again, that's not a complaint.
ZanathKariashi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:22 am Reply with quote
It's actually something of a plot-point that Mob doesn't fully understand Reigen's advice.

Since he still on a subconscious level hates his powers and forgets/doesn't consider other parts of the advice given. I.e. he only hears the parts he wants to hear.

Likewise Reigen has done reasonably alright as mentor thus far, but he is NOT an esper himself and doesn't truly know what Mob is going through, and while well meaning, some of his advice to Mob is innately flawed simply because he doesn't understand.

Of course it's also true that Mob wasn't yet emotionally capable of handling this situation himself without it turning into a mess that might scar him for the rest of his life.

The story as a whole can be summarized in three parts.

The Child (who clings to their parents/mentors for guidance) (Season 1 only covered this part of the story)

The Teen (who fumbles around to become their own person as they press against the constraints of their beliefs and the realities of the world and beliefs of their guardians)

The Adult (who has accepted their responsibilities and become master to their own fate).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14