• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks to Release Aoharu x Machinegun Anime With English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:54 am Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
I can't believe they still won't give To Love Ru an English dub. What do we need to do to make that happen? Pressure Sentai into making one? Or waiting 'til the rights expire before being picked up by another dub company like Funimation or Aniplex? I really don't know what possibilities there are if there is any chance. Could we have a new English-dubbing company that's not so stubborn?

Please help me out here

The only way that is going to happen, is if the sales massively improve for current shows. They've been good enough for Sentai to keep licensing the show, but it's obvious they haven't been impressive enough to support a dub. You have to remember that To Love Ru has several seasons now, and more could be coming. It would be a very expensive process, and would need significant sales to support. When even Funimation has started to release some titles sub-only, that should show that every single anime series can support the cost of an English dub.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting this to get a dub. I liked the show so I'd be curious to see the dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2