• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Glitter Force Season 2 Premieres on Netflix on August 26

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxDaniChanxX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
Glitter Force needs to be trashed. I mean, come on. They aren't faithful to the series at all in my opinion. I hate the way they changed the names of thr characters so that the feminists wouldn't go after it. Also the title itself disgusts me. "GLITTER FORCE"...who thought that title was okay??

I so totally agree. 'Glitter Force' has to go! When I saw the first episode, I gotta be honest, I loved it. But then, I figured there was a Japanese Dub, Smile Precure. I just don't think it's fair that they get to change the names of the characters! (Like Hoshizora Miyuki has gotten changed to Emily!) Even the Bad End Generals. That upset me badly and I want to remove Glitter Force!
XxDaniChanxX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am Reply with quote
corinthian wrote:
kiminobokuwa wrote:
I hate the way they changed the names of thr characters so that the feminists wouldn't go after it. Also the title itself disgusts me. "GLITTER FORCE"...who thought that title was okay??

Right, because "Pretty Cure" is such a brilliant, sensible title and not just two random English words jammed togeth- wait, what's this about feminism? Actually, don't tell me. I'm sure it'll make as much sense as a bunch of random English words jammed together.

So like note the sarcasm. Jammimg two words out of the blue is so dumb. 'Pretty Cure', is like you said, brilliant. However, the 'Americanized Glitter Force' just jammed two word that don't make sence Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Exclamation
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:31 am Reply with quote
corinthian wrote:
Right, because "Pretty Cure" is such a brilliant, sensible title and not just two random English words jammed togeth- wait, what's this about feminism? Actually, don't tell me. I'm sure it'll make as much sense as a bunch of random English words jammed together.

If that was the case we wouldn't have names like Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Bakugan, Beyblade, or tons of other anime that are random words or make no sense to English-speaking audiences. It's important to have a unique name and stand out from everything else. Saban is just lazy like always and obsessed with certain words like 'force' 'super' and 'ultra'. I'm surprised they didn't call the second season Super Glitter Force like they do with Power Rangers.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
It's like another Pretty Cure but with a different name.

That's because it is, lol.

There was the very first one though, faithfully dubbed, with "Americanized" name changes. Still kept its name as Pretty Cure.

That Pretty Cure dub had one of (in my opinion) funniest "translations" - calling Takoyaki doughnut holes! Laughing
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:02 am Reply with quote
I don't mind that "Glitter Force" is going to return. The problem for me is I don't have a Netflix account so I can't see it even if I wanted to,which I do.
Edl01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Edl01 wrote:
So I'm a bit confused here could someone help me out. I watched Glitter Force with my niece when babysitting, but I've never actually seen Smile Precure. Honestly I thought they'd just cut the vast majority of the story out and edited it down into a 20 episode show, the final episode even felt like an ending...kinda.

Does Smile Precure introduce a completely knew story half way through or am I just crazy thinking it was meant to end there?

Smile Precure aired with all 48 episodes in one run. The Americanized version of it, Glitter Force, had 8 certain episodes cut out and was split into two seasons, 20 episodes for each one. Hope this helps. Smile

Thanks, I'd assumed that they'd cut 28 episodes and only aired 20 since I seem to remember them fighting the main villain but maybe I just made that up. I've only seen 2 Precure series so I'm certainly not the most familiar with the tropes of the franchise, maybe this is a normal thing.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I never finished it, but the main villain does put in a showing halfway through the series. It's not a terribly normal thing for Pretty Cure; I don't think it happened in any of the prior ones except the original, which just had a general feel of having been planned for half the length.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3