• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Eiichiro Oda Knows What the Final One Piece Panel Will Be

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Larkan wrote:
Good!

but someone else will draw it for you.

???
Vizo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
MasterKingJC wrote:
Kind of old news. In an interview a couple of years ago, Oda mentioned that the final chapter is something he's really excited to draw, right after stating that the last arc would make Marineford look like nothing in comparison. Smile

I'm getting a serious world war vibe from it. It's not very original but it's usually pretty exciting.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
EighteenSky wrote:
KH91 wrote:
Luffy x spoiler[Nami] ending is always very cool.

Since Oda doesn't seem to care much for romance (other than teasing Robin x Franky (please no) on occasion) it's probably going to be like what Mitsutoshi did with Toriko and Rin in Toriko. Also any ship that isn't Luffy x Boa is just not right.

Yeah, I just can't see Luffy with Nami at all. Nami has never shown any romantic interest in Luffy and obviously Luffy doesn't care about anyone that way. I thing Luffy and Boa makes a lot more sense in a sort of Goku and Chi Chi sort of way where she's relentless and he's oblivious.

Only one I can see with Nami is Sanji, though I don't know that there's really anything there and the addition of spoiler[Pudding/Purin] complicates things.

Emerje

I don't think any of that's going to happen. Oda's said multiple times that there won't be any romance in One Piece when people ask about that stuff in the SBS's. I don't think Hancock really counts since that's mostly played for humor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
It'll be Oda sitting on a pile of cash Laughing
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:
Emerje wrote:
EighteenSky wrote:
KH91 wrote:
Luffy x spoiler[Nami] ending is always very cool.

Since Oda doesn't seem to care much for romance (other than teasing Robin x Franky (please no) on occasion) it's probably going to be like what Mitsutoshi did with Toriko and Rin in Toriko. Also any ship that isn't Luffy x Boa is just not right.

Yeah, I just can't see Luffy with Nami at all. Nami has never shown any romantic interest in Luffy and obviously Luffy doesn't care about anyone that way. I thing Luffy and Boa makes a lot more sense in a sort of Goku and Chi Chi sort of way where she's relentless and he's oblivious.

Only one I can see with Nami is Sanji, though I don't know that there's really anything there and the addition of spoiler[Pudding/Purin] complicates things.

Emerje

I don't think any of that's going to happen. Oda's said multiple times that there won't be any romance in One Piece when people ask about that stuff in the SBS's. I don't think Hancock really counts since that's mostly played for humor.

I agree, Videogamep. Now, I personally don't see Luffy being romantically involved with Hancock at all. Luffy's mainly after One Piece and doesn't have romance on the brain.

Plus, Hancock is too old for him. I mean, she's 32 and he's 19. Confused
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:

What does that matter? Luffy will end up with Boa beacuse...... spoiler[She's beautiful!]
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:16 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

What does that matter? Luffy will end up with Boa because...... spoiler[She's beautiful!]

It matters a lot. Evil or Very Mad
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
The interviewer must not have looked at older interviews of Oda. Of course he knows what the final panel is, he's only said five times or so in the past. Let the man write the series and bring us through the Totland arc for now. But I'd really like to see if there is going to be a point in the chapter that he does indeed defeat a Yonko.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote
"And this is where the legend of the Pirate King Monkey D. Luffy begins" with Luffy looking at the sunrise with a big smile with the strawhats in the background
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
The manga will end with Luffy declaring he'll be the next Hokage, believe it.
not too mention he will use his saiyan powers to slay hollows
COREY2293

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I really really hope i am wrong... But Oda was planting the seeds for Luffys death with his gears and even the whole parallels between Luffy and Gol D Roger.

I dont want Luffy to die but i could see the final panel having Luffys grave beside Aces and Whitebeards.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:31 pm Reply with quote
FackuIkari wrote:
"And this is where the legend of the Pirate King Monkey D. Luffy begins" with Luffy looking at the sunrise with a big smile with the strawhats in the background

Nah, Luffy will be PK before the final arc against the World Nobles.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I predict that One Piece is going to end like Pirates of the Caribbean 3 where all of the pirates come together to take down the world government lead by pirate king Luffy of course because he finally found the One Piece. Wink
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quote
It'll be Luffy saying, "Wait, wasn't there some kind of treasure we were supposed to be looking for this whole time?"

THE END
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:47 am Reply with quote
After the dust settles, Luffy and all his friends will look down at a piece of paper with the words with "Peace on Earth" written on it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3