• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
March comes in like a lion (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote
I don't think it's all that easy a problem to solve. Certainly changing the attitude of Hina's teacher could help, but would that make those catty girls open their hearts to Hina? I doubt it. Hina needs some friends, but we haven't seen any process in the story so far that would help her discover them. Does she belong to any clubs? Play sports? Maybe she needs to attend a different school? Whatever the solution(s) may turn out to be, they are going to take a long time to develop.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I understand that. I simply don't care. I am not the slightest bit interested in following a story line for eleven billion episodes while it realistically plays out a bullying storyline. I want Hina to be happy NOW. I want this solved NOW. I want to be watching some other storyline (once this is resolved) NOW. It's not that the show is doing a bad job in handling this... it's doing a good job of being realistic. I've made this point before, yuna49, but you don't seem to be grasping my it. I don't like watching Hina suffer and her being granted "little victories" like Rei finding her aren't satisfying to me. I'll repeat myself once again in the hope it penetrates your understanding, but my complaint is solely based on MY OWN FEELINGS and is not a reflection of the quality of the show or how realistically it is dealing with this damnable topic.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I get you Blood, so would you like us to let you know when the arc is resolved so you can stop and then watch it all at once? Might be better than dragging it out week by week.

Or just watch this but sub in Hina. That should make you feel better.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Actually, to tell you the truth, it would be nice to know when the arc will be over. I'll still watch week by week, but knowing roughly when it will end would be nice. If you don't mind putting that info in spoiler tags (in case other readers don't want to know), that would be appreciated. Naturally, I don't want any details just a guesstimate in terms of number of episodes when it will be over.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Well spoiler[this episode covered chapter 63, and the climax I believe you're waiting for is in chapter 68. 71 is when it mostly all wraps up. So if they do two chapters per episode minimum then 4 episodes.]
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 pm Reply with quote
During the first season I got spoiled big time on a future development barely hinted at now (by glancing at one characters description on the show's Wiki page).

I won't say what that spoiler is but, based on it, I'd say that we should trust that the excesses the story is taking now are necessary for the future of the story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:00 am Reply with quote
I have been kind of wondering if Hina will get a crush on Rei, or the other way around.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:28 am Reply with quote
Well the show previously seemed to lean heavily towards Rei/Kyouko so that would be a most welcomed alternative.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:20 am Reply with quote
Thanks, Vaisaga. Your guess is spoiler[longer than I would like, but I think it is endurable.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 32

Oh man, it was so great to see Hina happy, again. Now, if we get the scene I'm looking forward to... the one where the little bitches who are tormenting HIna get slowly lowered into a woodchipper, feet first... then all will be perfect.

And as it so often does, the show offers us a different perspective on Baldy than we had when all we knew about him is that he deliberately drew up the shogi match with Sicky to take advantage of his weakened condition. Turns out he's not such a bad guy after all. You can't make me like the bitches who are tormenting Hina, though. I'm drawing the line.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:28 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
[u]And as it so often does, the show offers us a different perspective on Baldy than we had when all we knew about him is that he deliberately drew up the shogi match with Sicky to take advantage of his weakened condition. Turns out he's not such a bad guy after all.

Yeah. I actually felt a little annoyed at first that we would stay with him a bit this episode, but he ended up a very interesting character. A man with his own large amount of insecurities, and was in a bad place in being tormented by the idea that his favourite pigeon (very personal to him) could be dead or even hurt somewhere. I felt really happy when Silver came back, I was thinking about how he can find a path forward by keeping to things like his humanity (he gave flowers to Nikaido as a sincere apology).

And seeing Hina really happy again, I think that both her and her sister needed that treat. It was funny seeing the boys reaction to it, plus I think the waitress too.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 33

It is generally not right to laugh at Rei's disappointment at laughing at Rei's disappointment at seeing the fate of the shogi club that Rei liked so much, but it was hilarious that him seeing his new club mates to be made of the principal, vice principal, and head teacher. The previous president trying to enthusiastically say that it is great because they are big deals in the school.

Also, that one shogi player who acts so dramatic with shogi moves. Where have they been keeping that gem from us.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:47 am Reply with quote
Rei seems an unlikely candidate to become the public face of shougi as those executives appear to have planned for him. Thrusting someone as introspective and insecure as Rei in front of reporters asking about every aspect of his life, a life with its share of dark moments, cannot end well.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
They probably hope he grow into it, or at least use his youth. Rei at least could get attention over a man they are afraid might have some sort of stomach bug.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
I found episode 33 to be pretty hiarious from start to finish. Loved the old guys slagging Shimada's lack of popular appeal, loved Mountain Man's secret tactic of defanging his potential foes and of course the newly reborn Shogi club. Classic stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7