• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7
Man Monoyoshi sure is lucky. I need to buy a figurine of him and see if good luck will come my way. Houchou sure loves his sweets. Hakata cheer up but dealing with the stock market is super super tough, but don't worry your brothers have a plan. The little festival looked fun. Also Kashuu what are you dreaming about?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Not much to say about ep 8, but the ED was very nice. When are they going to have the Feromen do the ED? Suwabe and Toriumi sound so good together and they're both in this series. Smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:18 am Reply with quote
I sure didn't expect both Touken Ranbu and Pop Team Epic to reference the same movie (Battles Without Honor or Humanity) within a week of each other. Then again, I didn't expect TR to feature Hakata's Yamakasa festival the same week as Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens did either.

Anyway, the shoot-out was hilariously fun. Smile

Is there a behind-the-scenes reason why Yasusada has been written out of this season entirely? I'm ready for him to come back now.
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 9
Being tall is tough but good things can come from it. Also I don't really like spiders but I felt bad for it when his web got destroyed. Also is that blue bird a father? The little ones trying to get the fruit was cute.

I love how many water fights in anime are so over the top dramatic. Horikawa vs Izuminokami was hilarious to watch. (I love that Horikawa got so much screen time this season) You should never underestimate Yamanbagiri (his blush was cute). Urashima was awesome and deadly. Kashuu was going to stay dry no matter what. Also yay he finished the pin.
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Something has been bothering me. In the Dub for Season 1 of Hanamaru, how in the world do you mispronounce Hijikata's name? The Shinsengumi have appeared in anime more times than I can count. Also Funimation dubbed Gintama. Do they say his name right there? I am curious.

I have not seen the DVD of season 1 yet so I do not know if they re done any of the lines. Please let me know if they did.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 pm Reply with quote
How did they pronounce it? oO
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:11 pm Reply with quote
He-gee-cutta is probably the best way I can describe it. Also this from the broadcast dub of season 1 so they could have re done it for the DVD release.

Other than that one thing I enjoy the dub.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Well, finally bringing some action at the end of the season. Sweet. I really loved the ED with all the beautiful crests. Mesmerizing. *:*
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:47 am Reply with quote
Damn, there sure are a ton of 'em! I counted 62 in that final picture. Smile Imagine if they all had figures... You could easily drop about 8 grand or more on the lot.

This season was better than the first, and the finale was excellent. Some decent action, a bit of fanservice, and the return of Yamatonokami, finally. I don't quite get why they made such a big deal out of sending the 2nd group, when we've already seen them do that in Katsugeki, not to mention that Yamato had already gone back prior. Eh, whatever.

Are we going to get more Katsugeki too?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2