• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga to End on August 22 With 'Important Announcement'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enturax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:20 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Important announcement? Choose your pick.
[...]
-Bleach game on console
[...]
-Bleach Live Action movie or drama

That's unlikely. Video games are always there to boost Anime or the Manga sales, which still would be a possibility, but almost as small as anime continuation.
Even japanese people should know that not everything can be made as LA movie/series.
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:32 am Reply with quote
TrueZangetsu wrote:
Bring back the anime.
Leave out unimportant stuff Kubo decided to put into his Manga.
Leave out the few hated fight sequences or shorten them
LET TITE KUBO WRITE AN ORIGINAL ENDING THAT ISN'T RUSHED.
do this and we can forgive what has happened lately. Do it.

Anime back. Only acceptable thing.

I would say keep Kubo far away from writing anything more pertaining to Bleach. He's already ruined the series enough.

Because this ending seems like a rush to shut down Bleach rather than a natural conclusion, I would be surprised if the announcement is for continuing the anime series. Perhaps a 4 part OVA that includes an epilogue.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Important announcement? Choose your pick.
-Kubo Tite's art exhibition
-Bleach Live Action movie or drama

These would actually be a pretty big deal; nobody's fault but your own if you can't go to an exhibit or if live-action doesn't interest you.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:00 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
HueyLion wrote:
Hmm would this mean for us (online readers) the final chapter would be out for us earlier? Like the 18th?

Dunno what you mean, but I'm an online reader and my issues come out on Mondays.

Scanlations come out early on Thursdays or Fridays, which may be what he's talking about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:19 am Reply with quote
Dear Bleach, I'm so disappointed in you it's not even funny
COREY2293

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:23 am Reply with quote
I loved the recent chapter...

But this could be a few things... Anime announcement, which everyone expects honestly. If Gintama and Fairy tail return regularly why cant Bleach? They could probably get it done in 40 episodes. Bleach chapters dont have a lot of content so you could easily fit 6 chapters into one episode. Bleach is better read in volumes.

A 2 part movie of the final arc. I would hate this, but its been done before.

And finally a part 3 or extension of the manga. The most recent chapter had spoiler[a sign of Yhwachs return. He might not be dead yet.]
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:32 am Reply with quote
40 episodes would truncate this arc greatly. 50-60 would be best.

In before "it should be truncated and streamlined" nonsense posts.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
Enturax wrote:

That's unlikely. Video games are always there to boost Anime or the Manga sales, which still would be a possibility, but almost as small as anime continuation.
Even japanese people should know that not everything can be made as LA movie/series.
Do you realize that most things I listed is really happened with "important/big announcement?" Suzumiya Haruhi and Gurren Lagann get "big announcement" and what we get is the damn pachinko machine. Recently Fairy Tail get "big announcement" too but what we get is something to do with Fairy Tail's art exhibit event. Even Gintama get "big announcement" and we get is a live action movie.

And FYI I typing this in joking manner so why so serious?
redranger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
Damn, I was hoping this piece of shit would end as soon as possible(like next week) so we could get something better in digital WSJ. Let's all just pray this "big announcement" doesn't have anything to with Kubo and writing.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
Lelouch Vi wrote:
Dear Naruto, I'm so disappointed in you it's not even funny
*fixed
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
Damn, I was hoping this piece of shit would end as soon as possible(like next week) so we could get something better in digital WSJ. Let's all just pray this "big announcement" doesn't have anything to with Kubo and writing.
if you don't like Bleach then why do you even give a shit? besides Hiro Mashima is a much worse writer then Kubo.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
All I can hope for is opening color pages and an extended chapter like a 15-y-o series deserves for its finale. Would be great if it got a new anime, or maybe a sort of sequel-like serialization -maybe in GIGA or any of Jump's sister magazines- to wrap things up, but I think it's more likely that they're making announcements about the musical, which just recently opened and is apparently being very successful

It won't be opening. Spoilers have Love Rush getting the cover/lead. The rule of debuting new series getting the cover/lead applies here.
It is listed as getting colour page(s), but there's no mention on whether it's extended or not.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Im putting my money on the return of the anime that will cover the last arc without any fillers.

No, we need fillers to add more things in the finale. The ending was cut short because of time restrains.
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:57 am Reply with quote
COREY2293 wrote:
I loved the recent chapter...

But this could be a few things... Anime announcement, which everyone expects honestly. If Gintama and Fairy tail return regularly why cant Bleach?
It's due to it's popularity, and the fact that arcs are shorter. (Or way shorter for Gintama)

The fact that the part they didn't animated was announced as the final arc probably didn't help.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I (think?) it was mentioned it would get color pages. I hope it'll be a slightly longer chapter too.
After Ch. 685, we still have a handful of characters (including the majority of the main cast) whose fate is yet to be revealed - these 2 weeks will be a lot of fun/and crazy speculation!

Also, considering we got a whole page dedicated to this announcement, I really hope for the anime continuation. Second best thing would be a sequel manga.
(will be a bit disappointed if it's another movie or some sort of data book, ugh lol, or that live action movie)

theNightster wrote:
*fingers crossed for a Bleach final act anime, and expecting haters to call us delusional for liking the series (like why does that bother some people?)

Because you know how the internet is when it comes to opinions lol, it's a crime to have one.

MajinAkuma wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
Im putting my money on the return of the anime that will cover the last arc without any fillers.

No, we need fillers to add more things in the finale. The ending was cut short because of time restrains.

I think filler that is supervised by the creator is good, almost canon. Like how the Muramasa arc had all Zanpaktou spirits designed by Kubo himself - that was cool. As long as they don't milk Bleach with fillers like Naruto Shippuden, I'm all or it Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6