• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otakon to Host X Japan Leader Yoshiki

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Is this the same otakon in Canada? Or am I mixing up the names?
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote
The one in Montreal is called Otakuthon and just concluded on Sunday. Otakon is in the US. Two different conventions.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
The one in Montreal is called Otakuthon and just concluded on Sunday. Otakon is in the US. Two different conventions.

Thank you so much!! I was getting them both mixed up.
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
This may be more more of an encyclopaedia query but would it be more correct to classify Yui Making as a seiyuu or singer and lyricist as well as voice actress?
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Otakon is the biggest Anime convention nearest to where I live and although I have never been I would like to attend it someday especially since I don't have to drive cross country just to get there and they sometimes get some big name guests to attend. Smile
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:00 am Reply with quote
As an Anime boston regular, I would sometimes get upset that Otakon would announce guests for this summer convention before Boston would announce guests for their spring/winter convention. "That's what it means to be a big convention," I would tell myself. Otakon's attendence last year plummeted when I went. This year so few people I know are going. I even gave back my time off at work just last week. Held out 'til the end' to decide if I was going.Finally decided no.

And while this is a big announcement it is made this late? In exactly 7 days I would have already been home after driving all the way back from Baltimore. They announce one of the biggest guests less than a week out? To get a badge pre-ordered in the mail you had to get one before May 23rd! I think most of the guest announcements happened after the fact.

What has happened to the former mightest con on the east coast?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1