• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Code Geass Celebrates 10 Years on November 27

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:51 am Reply with quote
Code Geass has always been one of my favorite Anime series and I hope that they do something really special to commemorate the tenth anniversary like maybe something with C2 as the central character because that would be Awesome. Very Happy
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:27 am Reply with quote
All that is left is the pizza.

Is Pizza Hut still supporting the Rebellion 10 years later?
Kalessin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
In which we all suddenly feel depressingly old.

Yeah. It's crazy how time flies. But I find that I rarely think of shows being all that old and am frequently surprised when I find out how long it's been since they came out. Though part of it is how my perception of time changes as I get older. Neutral

This doesn't really look like it's an annoucement of anything interesting though. They're trying to bring attention to the show again with the 10th anniversary, but they don't even seem to have even announced that they're going to announce anything new for Code Geass - just an event to celebrate the factt that it's the 10th anniversary.

In any case, while I loved the original anime, I very much doubt that I'll care about any spinoff of any kind unless Lelouch is at the center of it (which is going to be hard given how the original anime went). I haven't paid any attention to the Akito stuff for that very reason. Whatever the flaws of the show and Lelouch may have been, Lelouch is what made the show.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:18 am Reply with quote
[quote="Ambrose7"]
BadNewsBlues wrote:
While the Akito the Exiled movies were disappointed, the visuals were good imo.

in comparison to what? Even worse cgi?

compared to the hand drawn original series it's garbage.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
Don't expect much. That way, if the series gets anything new, you don't have have incredibly high expectations.

Speaking as a Brave fan, of course. I guess one could argue that finally getting something other than GaoGaiGar in a SRW game is a fantastic anniversary gift (Might Gaine's showing up in.) although several years late.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
Ahhh, Geass... Easily my favorite series of the last decade. I remember anxiously waiting to watch the next episode every Sunday afternoon. On a personal note, the series remains one of the strongest influences on my pastime writing fan-fiction, and I've used near the entire cast several times.

There are any number of ways they can go with for the anniversary. I'm not in the camp that views R2 as some debacle that needs remedied - they went a different direction, it was interesting and entertaining and kept with the themes and direction of the first season, so it's fine if it differed from whatever their original plan was (which, mind you, no one really knows or will ever know how much it actually differed). But, there are alluded elements that would be interesting to explore - more backstory on Suzaku, Kallen's brother, what went on during the time skip, etc - but that would probably push Lelouch and C.C so far out of the story that you'd seriously anger a good portion of the fan base. It could work as a series of OVAs rather than an anime season, but again, I don't know that would have sort of impact for an anniversary celebration you would want.

I think fans will have to come to the realization that there ins't much that can be done with Geass involving Lelouch. He died at the end. Not to incite anything, but folks need to get over it already. If I had to guess on the sort of announcement that could get fans excited, it'd probably be a prequel, covering C.C's life to the time she acquired her Geass and her life and exploits to the time she met with Marianne and Charles and formed the pact they did into the original series. Would be a little tricky choosing which points they hit seeing as there's hundreds of years to cover, but if you're going to make a splash, might as well try to go big.

But, lets be honest here. Whatever they come up with, a fairly sizable portion of the fans out there will tune it to at least see what's going on.
Karasu-Lacryma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:22 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Tylerr"]
Ambrose7 wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
While the Akito the Exiled movies were disappointed, the visuals were good imo.

Not sure what you're talking about. Akito is top-tier hand animation that just has actually great CGI mecha.
First episode of Akito's CGI was merely serviceable; every other episode had some of the best CGI I've seen in anime and fight scenes dozens of times better than the original (courtesy of Kazuki Akane). Outside of the mecha, Akito is gorgeously hand-animated; seriously, I stopped liking the story after the first 3 episodes, but found the whole thing to be eye-candy.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:

Akito CG is good. This word is coming from 3DCG hater(I dont always praise CG). While the CG is good, the way they handle the ending is lame. Not matching with what I expected after saw Leila with Geass awaken and torn clothes in last episode's promotion pic.

----------------

I guess they will announce that they will release Code Geass 10th anniversary Blu Ray box set including Akito OVAs and lots of things bundled like artbook, poster etc..
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
maybe we'll finally find out what C.C. real name is?

that has always bothered me.

I think i'd hyperventilate if they decided to make another season and continue the story maybe a few decades into the future or maybe even a few years to show just how incredibly fragile peace is but I highly doubt anything they made would meet my expectations so id rather they not try and leave the franchise as it is.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:32 am Reply with quote
Is it too much to ask for a major announcement in regards to remaking season 2? We all heard of the stories of how much that season isn't what the creators had in mind and it would be interesting to see what he originally intended but I guess that was asking for too much.
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
If my name isn't any indication, consider me excited
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2