• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XV Game Delayed to November 29

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Scared of Persona 5 Razz

Joke or not they're afraid of a series whose lifetime sales amount to about 3 million in it's home market? And unlike them isn't getting a simultaneous release?

CheezcakeMe wrote:
Better this than some buggy broken unplayable thing that the industry has gotten so used to plopping on its fans and promising to fix "later." Do it once do it right.

You make it seem as if every video game release this gen and the last have been Arkham Knight PC levels of hot mess. That and the fact that this practice stretches all the way back to the first console generation the difference being is that you couldn't patch buggy games back then.

Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
lol this game man. It probably needed another setback to humble Square Enix and Sony again

Why would it humble Square when they've been taking their sweet time to get this game out and Sony when they're not developing the game and it's out on other platforms?

residentgrigo wrote:
A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.

Said by the same man who can help get a game out on time and still have it be meh.

*cough* Wii Music *cough*
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:
lol this game man. It probably needed another setback to humble Square Enix and Sony again after they started getting a little cocky with the hype marketing and all the needless bells and whistles they added onto it and it pays not to rush a game like this if you know it'll just need to be patched and be a disaster which it wouldn't surprise me if it does. The game has taken 10 years to come out now, everybody from the developers to the fans ought to still remember that.
Well geez man, it's gone through several phases and periods of reconstruction since then. The notion of it taking 10 years to come out is false because the game it is now isn't the game that was original conceived 10 years ago. If you really want an accurate timeline for this current game than it starts around 2011. And how did they get cocky? I really want to know. They're simply putting confidence in this game because that's what a FF has lacked for many iterations now. This is the first installment in awhile that all of the developers working on it seem proud of what they've done. Don't confuse arrogance and commitment.

No it's arrogance. They even said straight up in the video for the delay that they wanted to make a game so amazing that other games would "run away from it" and have been adding all this extra media publicity to it that isn't needed so much as a real game already. I mean I lost interest in this project a long time ago as something I would want to buy straight away a long time ago though the door is still open to me playing it. I'm definitely not preordering it and falling into that trap until I see what it's actually like without all the smoke, mirrors, excessive publicity and of course unsurprisingly broken over-promises. If the game is released and it's good then it's time to talk otherwise the time has long since passed to shut up with all the marketing tie-ins and get to work because so far it all amounts to nothing but empty hype.

Also don't believe everything game developers say because they will gladly lie through their teeth to make a sale and hype things up. That's just the way it is now and people are far too naive if they keep falling for it plunking down for these bloated ultimate premium edition releases. I understand, there money and all but still just looks naive and like asking for trouble. I mean learned my lesson not to buy into hype marketing years ago with Diablo III.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:42 pm Reply with quote
nagpo wrote:
Psajdak wrote:
I really wish they release PS4 Neo version in 60fps.

I have a feeling this is truly one of the reasons they delayed it

I agree. I have a feeling the Neo will probably come out in November and Final Fantasy XV will be one of its featured titles.
Also I'm okay with the delay especially if it improves the final game.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Also don't believe everything game developers say because they will gladly lie through their teeth to make a sale and hype things up.

By the same token don't cast all game developers as some shady underhanded people trying to screw the consumer over and getting bent out of shape because they can't keep promises they didn't necessarily make or guarantee.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2