• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga Gets Live-Action Film in 2018 Starring Sōta Fukushi

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:21 am Reply with quote
That's going to be a long wait...

So this turned out to be the big announcement huh? Going to keep expectations low for this but I really hope they get the Hollow designs done right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Khooni

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:21 am Reply with quote
All my dreams have been crushed Sad
3ngag3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:29 am Reply with quote
I...kinda feel bad for Bleach at this point. First, the anime gets canned, then SJ basically throws it in the trash resulting in this hastily put together finale, then, just when you think they might bring back the anime to finish off the rest of the story, they figuratively slap the fans in the face with this.
dany_elle1908

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:36 am Reply with quote
i won't lie i really expected the anime announcment. I do not watch live actions films. Sad O well
goodbye bleach.... Shocked
Amuris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
to be fair, if Kubo was interested in progressing the story in the first place, rather than openly telling people that he had every intention to milk it for as long as people pay him, it wouldn't have come to that.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
3ngag3 wrote:
I...kinda feel bad for Bleach at this point. First, the anime gets canned, then SJ basically throws it in the trash resulting in this hastily put together finale, then, just when you think they might bring back the anime to finish off the rest of the story, they figuratively slap the fans in the face with this.

Looking at the recent trend of other manga series which have gotten live-action adaptations, I could see there still being a chance at the anime returning to tie-in with the film.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:55 am Reply with quote
This was Aizen's plan all along.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
This really blows. I wished they announced the final arc of the Bleach anime...
Catsplay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
I just have to ask, [expletive] why!? Who wants this over the anime returning and finishing the storyline!? (Especially when it could add to the terribly rushed final battle in the manga and bullshit epilogue). I really hate how Kubo was forced to rush the last act after 4 years of build up just for the worst final battle in all of manga history ugh, how did one of my favorite series ever fall so hard.
Dextres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
Didn't expect much from the start of the announcement.

ANYWAY, only a few hours till the final chapter!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:05 am Reply with quote
Given the absolute spoiler[shit ending], I don't even feel mad about the fake-out. Like I honestly don't care what brought Bleach to end in such a bullshit way, the series has objectively self-destructed narratively, thematically and comercially at this point. I don't know what is even the point of doing a movie -which given the kind of story Bleach is, probably won't even have the kind of budget necessary to bring that world to life- two years after an already declining manga ends, especially because of how it ended. Both WSJ and Kubo have basically fucked each other up and it's really damned sad to see it
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
well my hopes were crushed, at this point I think that the day the Bleach anime comes back is the day Toriyama makes Gohan a relevant character again in Dragon ball super.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:23 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
That's going to be a long wait...

So this turned out to be the big announcement huh? Going to keep expectations low for this but I really hope they get the Hollow designs done right.

they will most likely look like CG shit, I mean I remember the Death note movie and Ryuk looked awful
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
Welp, I knew it was a reach that the anime would come back. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with a live action film (there's been rumors about one for years now), but I don't think I'm wrong when I say a lot of people would've preferred a revival of the anime. Oh well.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:54 am Reply with quote
Doesn't matter if it's a live-action film here or in Japan. That's a series which relies on a lot of world-building to function effectively.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7