• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sweetness & Lightning GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:11 am Reply with quote
Good thing that all the issues which have been found here will get cleared in the next volumes
WingKing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
Only one comment all weekend? *Sigh* Guess now we know why this isn't making the NY Times list. Anyway, this is probably the first time that I've ever actually read a manga volume before it got reviewed here. Can't say I really had any of the same issues with the story balance, although from watching the first five eps of the anime before I bought the book, I knew what to expect from it. Getting some additional chapters that the anime hasn't covered (so far) was a nice bonus, though. And I quite like the art style - especially with the kids, as the review noted.

Anyway, this is one I'll probably continue to buy as it comes out.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
Only one comment all weekend? *Sigh* Guess now we know why this isn't making the NY Times list.

At least for me, it was a busy weekend... Smile

Looking back (having read the whole manga), I can see how the cooking scenes are kinda contrived. But (to twistquote Apollo 13) "without them we don't have a mission".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1