• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vice & Luna - #11

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
"And her date" would've been perfect. Sorry for going off on you btw. This is a huge issue with how people view women in same sex relationships, though.
Northlander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:40 pm Reply with quote
It's fine. I'm not really annoyed about it anymore, and it's not like you went completely overboard with it (even if I felt like the "...that's what you're doing here. Shame on you." part was a bit uncalled for.) I did appreciate the... explanation before that, I guess? (It's also the first time I've been called out on something like this, so it kind of caught me off guard.)

I'm actually rather fond of the "friends and then something more" angle of romantic stuff, just to add some perspective to my comment, and I thought it was kind of endearing that, instead of going on a more stereotypical date (dinner, movie, walk in the park), they went straight for the nerd hobbies.

What's more, up until this page, I haven't really connected with the characters in this webcomic yet, so when Luna kind of relayed her embarrassing past comments to Maribel (and she answered with one of her own), which basically made it the first scene where I actually felt something for the characters in a positive way (instead of a mostly neutral one.) Hence my comment and unintentional stepping on toes. ^^;;
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I miss vice.
NewAgeNewtype

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:50 am Reply with quote
I wonder if the artist new there was too much text

I was never an avid anime news nina reader(it also suffer from the problem of too much text) but I did enjoy the ones I read every time they would show up on the header. Mainly cause they were always anime related, so far it feels like half of this comic has nothing to do with anime or its premise of fairies that work at ANN. Saying it "feels" as I haven't actually counted them. Just seems like your usual webcomic about slightly nerdy people in their 20s doing normal things, which is a shame as I do believe the premise has some legs. Seeing how the faries interact with the perverts at fakku, scanlation faries, the struggles of streaming site faries at SushiRoll. Piratebay is shutting down, there could had been a standalone parody of farie Harlock going down with the ship or a One Piece parody when
spoiler[Going Merry was burned.]

As for the actual story, Vice and Luna are kinda shitty friends. Vice trying to sabotage Luna is not cool but neither is dating a girl you have no particular feelings for when you know your friend has been infatuated with the girl for a while. Have no idea where this arc is going, would assume the first story arc about a comic named after two people would focus and resolve with establishing what type of relationship they have, as in how deep their friendship or understand of each other goes. But honestly don't care to find out as I find neither character endearing.

I do like the pacing though, webcomics tend to move at a snail pace so its good that the story is actually progressing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2