• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Naval City of Yokosuka Uses High School Fleet to Draw Tourists

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Considering Aniplex and it's affiliates are desperately in need of an image overhaul that doesn't just have them as only seeking money forever and ever while giving nothing in return this seems like a decent enough first step. Kind of surprised though as it just never seemed like they gave a solitary damn about this sort of stuff, but maybe even they realize they're long overdue for something like this. When your profits are up 91% in a fiscal year it'd look really bloody bad to just keep up with the same old money grubbing ego stroking PR vibe.

All that said I'm still not convinced this franchise is even remotely as popular as the marketing would have some believe compared to Girls Und Panzer or even Arpeggio of Blue Steel and thus I'm not sure how well this is going to work for Yokosuka but again it's something to work from.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:02 pm Reply with quote
If I were there, I would be sure to stop by to buy a doriyaki while admiring the HaiFuri artwork. Smile
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:26 am Reply with quote
Yokosuka opened up a KanColle store and cafe last month. I was there for the opening. KanColle also has ties with Yokosuka and is a naval anime. Surprised ANN didn't run that story, since I sent them the pictures. It was decorated pretty nicely. Guess KanColle is old news and High School Fleet is new.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1