• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ponycan USA Offers Replacement Discs for Sound! Euphonium Volume 1

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chito895

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote
And I was planning to preorder this first volume. It's a shame what's happened with the discs and how unlucky can PonyCan be? People really don't like it as a company (overpriced volumes, no dub, no very good/popular shows) and for this to happen to one of their biggest anime...

Hopefully everyone geta their discs replaced soon.
wastrel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:05 pm Reply with quote
At least they're fixing the problem.

But things like this makes it much easier to resist buying their products. If even at their higher prices, you're not getting a quality product, why bother buying it?
Gatherum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
Define "automatically". I ordered volume 1 through TRSI. Does this mean that I should expect a replacement copy or discs in the mail, or what?

If that's case...what if I've moved from my previous address since then? Should I be contacting Shawne or somebody at TRSI immediately, or...?
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:41 am Reply with quote
You're welcome, folks. As much as anything else, I'm still put out by the fact that nobody else besides me noticed, not the company nor any of the other fans who bought the release. (Insert questionable and inaccurate jab about how nobody did buy it because something something Ponycan evil something.) Anyway, glad it's being addressed, and sooner than I expected too.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
Gatherum wrote:
Define "automatically". I ordered volume 1 through TRSI. Does this mean that I should expect a replacement copy or discs in the mail, or what?

If that's case...what if I've moved from my previous address since then? Should I be contacting Shawne or somebody at TRSI immediately, or...?

I'm wondering the same thing.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
Well anyone can make a mistake and although I didn't order one it's great that Ponycan is replacing the Disks for the ones who did. Smile
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
I'm also trying to figure out what "automatically" means. The Facebook post says follow steps on rightstuf if you didn't purchase from rightstuf, to take part in the replacement program. I can't find anything on rightstuf, but I could just be missing it or it's not up yet?

I purchased all three sets from rightstuf and was pretty disappointed by this issue considering how much those of us who purchased the set laid down for them. Hopefully they will just send the discs /actually/automatically, but I have a real hard time being optimistic with ponycan at this point.
WingKing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quote
Gatherum wrote:

If you've kept your mailing address up to date in your account information, then you're probably okay, but you can always contact their customer service department about it to make sure everything's squared away.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:47 am Reply with quote
Sakura Shinguji wrote:
You're welcome, folks. As much as anything else, I'm still put out by the fact that nobody else besides me noticed, not the company nor any of the other fans who bought the release. (Insert questionable and inaccurate jab about how nobody did buy it because something something Ponycan evil something.) Anyway, glad it's being addressed, and sooner than I expected too.

I'm glad for the folks that bought the volume and thankful that you caught it. No, Pony Canyon / PonyCan US isn't evil - misguided, stubborn, at times rude and lacking in QC for that volume - for sure.

Mark Gosdin
RightStufTanukiMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:12 am Reply with quote
We're not expected to receive the replacements for at least another 1-2 weeks, so I'm not entirely sure of the details yet, but I assume what we will probably do is just ship out the replacements to the address we shipped the first volume to.

I will post here when I have more details for people who didn't order from us and Customer Service will know simultaneously.

If you all have any questions for me besides the ones that have already been asked in this thread, I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks for your patience, and I will be back with more information soon.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:25 am Reply with quote
Gatherum wrote:

If you haven't updated your address, you should do so right away, or your replacement discs that I will be sending out will go to whatever address we have on file...
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quote
bleachigo66 wrote:
I'm also trying to figure out what "automatically" means. The Facebook post says follow steps on rightstuf if you didn't purchase from rightstuf, to take part in the replacement program. I can't find anything on rightstuf, but I could just be missing it or it's not up yet?

I purchased all three sets from rightstuf and was pretty disappointed by this issue considering how much those of us who purchased the set laid down for them. Hopefully they will just send the discs /actually/automatically, but I have a real hard time being optimistic with ponycan at this point.

I didn't realize this would be posted today as I was finalizing things on this, but here goes:

If you purchased the item FROM US, then you will automatically receive the replacement discs in the mail. We do not yet have the replacement discs, but once we do I'll be creating orders, since I know who you are. If your address on file is not updated, you need to do that...

If you purchased ELSEWHERE, you're going to have to mail in your discs to us and then we will set up a replacement. Sorry, I don't know who you are and this is required as proof of purchase. I'll get a form together on this shortly and will make sure I post a link for you.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:46 am Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
People really don't like it as a company (overpriced volumes, no dub, no very good/popular shows)

Overpriced for sure. No dub isn't an issue for the people willing to pay Japanese prices, though. Not very good/popular shows? This was easily one of the most highly rated shows last year. Overall? Ponycan USA has just started, so it's kinda early to judge them on that. Rokka was pretty popular though, but 70 dollars for 4 episodes is just insane. It's even more insane when they screw up on such a massive scale. Messing up audio on a MUSIC anime is so bad it's almost hilarious. Good on them for fixing it.....but shipping better be completely paid for (both ways).
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:59 am Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
It's a shame what's happened with the discs and how unlucky can PonyCan be? People really don't like it as a company (overpriced volumes, no dub, no very good/popular shows) and for this to happen to one of their biggest anime...

What is unlucky about it? Ponycan USA continues to be oblivious. They had a chance to turn their perception around with Sound! Euphonium if they had dubbed it, changed their packaging and lowered their pricing.

To me this disc authoring issue confirms that for PCUSA costumer satisfaction is NOT a priority. I cannot commend them for the replacement program because with the cost of their releases, their discs SHOULD BE perfect.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
In case anyone uses a different ship to address than your billing address, I just talked to a Rightstuf rep.

The replacement disks are sent to the same shipping address you used previously.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3