• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: All Out!! Rugby Anime Reveals More of Cast, October 6 Debut, New Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OwlBiceps

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:10 am Reply with quote
I can't put into words how much I love the character designs.
leesahlynn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:04 am Reply with quote
Sign me up!! But the captain's hair is still making me crazy, how does that happen, does he curl the grey parts every day? Does it grow grey? These questions matter to me Laughing
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:58 am Reply with quote
Well there are a crap ton of anime that panders to horny straight guys with nothing but girls with gigantic boobies and asses hanging out of their clothes with constant panty shots and stripping. So why not have an anime that goes the opposite that panders to straight women and gay men to ogle over the male characters.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:12 am Reply with quote
Whoaa that's rare, a female character that I like and respect right off the bat. She's not all shy and cutesy or cold and strict, she looks frank and cool, my kinda girl. Very Happy

DAMN these designs are killing me, all the characters look super sassy hehe
That pointy cheeked guy looks like an ugly titan tho what IS that LOL
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
I guess it will be Free! with balls after all. Now all we need is for the coach to have a side job stitching rugby uniforms.
Karlz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:14 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
Well there are a crap ton of anime that panders to horny straight guys with nothing but girls with gigantic boobies and asses hanging out of their clothes with constant panty shots and stripping. So why not have an anime that goes the opposite that panders to straight women and gay men to ogle over the male characters.

While that is true, I would say most of the most popular sport anime nowadays are doing the exact opposite. I mean don't you remember Free, Kuroko`s Basketball and Haikyuu?
CCTakato

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
So any anime with attractive guys is now the equivalent of anime with nothing but big boobs and degrading panty shots? I get the sentiment behind the post and I appreciate it but I wish people would stop with trying to draw this false equivalency between any anime that has sexy guys and no moe girls with ecchi anime. Just stop it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1