• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jump Special Anime Festa Screenings to Feature Black Clover

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somewhere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Black Clover is mediocre; no more, no less. Its main weakness nowadays, at least as far as I'm concerned, is how 'thin' the writing still is, especially the characters. Most of them are still far closer to 'walking personality trait' than 'actual people in the given setting'.

That said, clearly my personal opinion of this series has jack all relevance to how the audience in Japan is responding to it, which is the base that really matters. And the longer you survive while doing at least decently in WSJ, the more the odds grow of you getting some adaptation. Black Clover is most likely next on the hypothetical list of WSJ anime adaptations.
pikabot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Skerlly Fc wrote:
pikabot wrote:
A poorly plotted manga with fanservice and the Power of Friendship? Heaven forbid. Shonen Jump would never DREAM of publishing such a thing.

It seems that you only read the first 10 chapters. I read up until chap 72 out of 74, and the fanservice is present once in a year so to speak, and it iss not disturbing or annoying. Also the Power of Friendship is never a common trope. Although the MC, Asta, love his willpower, because he always says things about not giving up. Also is a manga for casuals, and is not poorly plotted at all. You say that for the cliches but the plot is easy to follow for casuals.

I was reciting their description of Fairy Tail back at them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3