• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 7-Part Theatrical Anime Project Premieres on February 25

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I think the only thing that i'm actually disappointed in that their English subtitles is going have "Agro" instead of Yamato everywhere, all the old Star Blazer names in place with the actual character names.

I'm adult, i don't need to have waterdowned version of the names from Starblazers put in there. I just want straight up show with english subtitles. I'm happy, but i'm afraid its going be Starblazers names inplace in the english subtitles. Sad Sad

I'm glad the thing coming along. Thou it sounds like its a OVA/Movie thing instead of episodes of a series?
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:18 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I think the only thing that i'm actually disappointed in that their English subtitles is going have "Agro" instead of Yamato everywhere, all the old Star Blazer names in place with the actual character names.

I'm adult, i don't need to have waterdowned version of the names from Starblazers put in there. I just want straight up show with english subtitles. I'm happy, but i'm afraid its going be Starblazers names inplace in the english subtitles. Sad Sad

Where are you getting this information from? So far, they haven't announced subtitles of any sort for this release. For all we know, the Japanese release won't even be getting subtitles.

Wrangler wrote:
I'm glad the thing coming along. Thou it sounds like its a OVA/Movie thing instead of episodes of a series?

It's a 26 episode series that will be released in seven theatrical movies in blocks of 2-4 episodes (2 for the first chapter, 4 for the last six). This is the same as for Yamato 2199.

Last edited by ValkyrieZeroZeroOne on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:

That's incorrect info. The 2199 BDs and DVDs did not Starblazer-ize the show or change the names of any ships or characters, other than changing the series' name to Starblazers 2199, I doubt any further releases of the remake's sequel (the upcoming show this article's about, Yamato 2202) would, but I still don't want them to. I have their BDs. The reason Yamato 2199 fans hate Voyager Entertainment and don't want them to do Yamato 2202 is because they just went dark like halfway through the release and never finished releasing Starblazers/Yamato 2199 or provided any reasons why when asked (took down their store even). (Unless that's changed, I stopped caring after about 6 months though.)
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Wrangler wrote:

That's incorrect info. The 2199 BDs and DVDs did not Starblazer-ize the show or change the names of any ships or characters, other than changing the series' name to Starblazers 2199, I doubt any further releases of the remake's sequel (the upcoming show this article's about, Yamato 2202) would, but I still don't want them to. I have their BDs. The reason Yamato 2199 fans hate Voyager Entertainment and don't want them to do Yamato 2202 is because they just went dark like halfway through the release and never finished releasing Starblazers/Yamato 2199 or provided any reasons why when asked (took down their store even). (Unless that's changed, I stopped caring after about 6 months though.)

One of the "Producer Speaks" interviews for Yamato Crew's Ship's Log member's magazine said they're looking to release 2199 and 2202 alongside each other now. So says Producer Hirotaka Fuwukawa:

Quote:
We’re talking with a distributor and we want to deploy Star Blazers 2202 along with 2199. If all goes well, we’ll make an effort to deliver a new work of Yamato to international fans with very early timing.

Whether they actually do this, and in what form, remains to be seen.

In any case, the most reliable source of information for anything about 2202 will be the CosmoDNA Facebook community for breaking news, and later ourstarblazers.com for detailed information.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad Space Battleship Yamato is getting a 2nd season!

I read the information about the StarBlazer thing on Facebook and ourstarblazers site, though at the time it was dated. You will notice that it does say StarBlazers 2202 on the title, thus my concern. They may not be going though the Voyager, but they may be still using the brand since SB name is pretty much what the show was know as outside of Japan.

I can't wait for this thing come out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2