• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Games' Trailer Introduces Aether Foundation, Version Differences

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:10 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Futago_101 wrote:
Gis4Gamer is basically correct in terms of time in the game.

To clarify the time difference between versions, straight from the official Sun and Moon website:

"Except for a few scenes, time in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon is tied to the actual time. Pokémon Sun operates on the same time as your Nintendo 3DS system, but time in the world of Pokémon Moon is shifted by 12 hours."
Huh... so basically playing Moon is going to be a bit of a challenge then, but I guess it'll be a worthwhile challenge. Anime hyper

Might be easier, actually. Dusk Balls are more effective than Ultra Balls at nighttime.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Already pre ordered both games, but I'm even more excited knowing that there's a Pokémon Snap feature.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:45 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Is it wrong to think Lusamine's and Gladion's designs are friggin' hot? Laughing If I'm going to Hell anyway I might as well make an entrance.

No way; I'm totally in love with Lusamine's appearance! Anime catgrin

Lusamine's already gota ton of fanart hours after her design was revealed.

A lot of people are comparing her to Lillie in design, but she's definitely based on Solgaleo. The first syllable of her name is pronounced as "luz," Spanish for "light." I don't know if this meansshe'll have a Lunala counterpart though.

Monster Hunter wrote:
So I am pretty sure Jangmo-o is our base form pseudo legendary of the new generation. Being a dragon type is a big plus for this idea and it being cute but obvious growth to evolve into a badass final evolution means it is most likely our pseudo legendary.

Maybe it's just me, but my impression was that Jangmo-o and Drampa have related evolutionary lines. I do hope our pseudo-Legendary is not a Dragon-type. Ever since the Fairy-type came in, this type has become something of a liability, like with Goodra.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but my impression was that Jangmo-o and Drampa have related evolutionary lines. I do hope our pseudo-Legendary is not a Dragon-type. Ever since the Fairy-type came in, this type has become something of a liability, like with Goodra.

No the two look completely different from each other. The color schemes in no way match and Drampa has none of the characteristics of Jangmo-o. Maybe if Drampa had Jangmo-o's ridge expanded or something I could buy it but no. Drampa looks like the new Druddigon a single stage dragon type pokemon. Now I do totally understand not wanting another dragon type pseudo legendary with 5 out the 7 pseudo legendaries being dragon type pokemon. Tyranitar and Metagross are tied for my 2nd favorite pseudo legendaries only slightly behind Garchomp.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
GeneStriker wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Huh... so basically playing Moon is going to be a bit of a challenge then, but I guess it'll be a worthwhile challenge. Anime hyper

Might be easier, actually. Dusk Balls are more effective than Ultra Balls at nighttime.
I was mostly meaning trying to balance day and night playing knowing that my game will be off on times. Like if I started playing at 10am, it'd be 10pm in Moon. By the time it's daytime in Moon, it'd be during the times in the evening when I'm making dinner or watching TV or movies with my husband before bed. That's where the challenge will be for me. But I suppose that challenge will be part of the fun. Razz
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I think I'm going to have quite a bit of fun adjusting to how time works in Sun and Moon. Smile Now I'll find myself sleeping throughout much of daytime...
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I was mostly meaning trying to balance day and night playing knowing that my game will be off on times. Like if I started playing at 10am, it'd be 10pm in Moon. By the time it's daytime in Moon, it'd be during the times in the evening when I'm making dinner or watching TV or movies with my husband before bed. That's where the challenge will be for me. But I suppose that challenge will be part of the fun. Razz

Well, there's always the option of changing the time setting on your 3DS!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:15 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
No the two look completely different from each other. The color schemes in no way match and Drampa has none of the characteristics of Jangmo-o. Maybe if Drampa had Jangmo-o's ridge expanded or something I could buy it but no. Drampa looks like the new Druddigon a single stage dragon type pokemon. Now I do totally understand not wanting another dragon type pseudo legendary with 5 out the 7 pseudo legendaries being dragon type pokemon. Tyranitar and Metagross are tied for my 2nd favorite pseudo legendaries only slightly behind Garchomp.

Hmm, all right then. It's more that I want Drampa to not be quickly forgotten like it already has been.

Goodra happens to be my favorite pseudo-Legendary, partially because it is radically different from the others in design and partially because it's the one with the least love.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I think I'm going to have quite a bit of fun adjusting to how time works in Sun and Moon. Smile Now I'll find myself sleeping throughout much of daytime...

Imagine all these kids (and older people) playing the Moon Version not knowing about the offsettime and getting confused why the time of day is all weird.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Hmm, all right then. It's more that I want Drampa to not be quickly forgotten like it already has been.

Goodra happens to be my favorite pseudo-Legendary, partially because it is radically different from the others in design and partially because it's the one with the least love.

Ya I can understand not wanting Drampa to be left by the wayside but I just don't like him. He just looks far to goofy for me to really ever get behind him as a pokemon. I also just don't generally get behind the cute pokemon. I have generally liked the cool tough pokemon. My favorite team of pokemon are Blaziken, Electivire, Empoleon, Tyranitar, Metagross, and Garchomp. Sure I like some pokemon who can be on the cuter sides of things like Starmie and Butterfree but generally I like the tougher bigger pokemon. So Dragonite and Goodra are my least favorite of the Pseudo Legendaries.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:25 am Reply with quote
Me, my favorite Pokémon are the weird-looking ones, the ones with designs that come from out of left field. Goodra is one of them, but also stuff like Mawile (and Mega Mawile), Ambipom, Exeggutor (including Alolan Exeggutor), Slowbro, Tyrantrum, and Type: Null. A subset of this is a tendency towards Pokémon themed on inanimate objects, with fully-evolved Pokémon like Electrode, Vanilluxe, Drifblim, Garbodor, Palossand, and Bronzong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2