• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Gets TV Anime Series Premiering in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quote
Well I like the Pokemon XY anime, perhaps I'll get to the XYZ anime as well and continue with this one afterwards. Sounds fun honestly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:33 am Reply with quote
I hope Ash's new appearance will look better in animation than on paper...

In any case, this will be the first time I'll see Ash actually attending school! Smile Perhaps he might learn a thing or two about some of the familiar Pokémon that have gained new forms while adapting to Alola?
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote
Ash... going to school.

Ash... at a desk.

Ash... doing homework.

Pokemon, why? Why hast thou forsaken me!?
Psajdak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
I am still waiting for old series to be completely subbed. Sad

But still, they really can't get rid of Satoshi and Pikachu.

Also, Kasumi (Misty) will always be the best.
marvel knight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:54 am Reply with quote
Guys I more than 90 % sure that the only reason Ash's face looks off is because of the smile, in XY Clemont smiled like that and they looked as stupid as this.

Never, we'll most probably get to know this Thursday where they'll be releasing the PV.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:15 am Reply with quote
randy1925 wrote:
So it's finally time to say goodbye to the best female lead ever in Pokemon? RIP Serena best waifu, even though ur 10

I actually wonder if they'll keep her around some more if they gab her all that development before.
peno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:25 am Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:
While I'll definitely pick up the new games I feel as though it definitely will not be the best one based on what's been reported. Therefore, for the first time, I just want a Gen to be over and done with and go over to the next one. Also, I'm not a fan of the tropical setting. Besides completing the game and gathering event Pokemon, I think I'll still be spending more game time on X and Y during this Gen.

Funny, I had the same feeling with gen 5, I wanted it to be over and move on, both game-wise and anime-wise and I spend more time playing gen 4 games, especially Heart Gold, so far still my second favourite Pokémon game after Crystal. Thank goodness gen 6 games were WAY better (though I could live without Fairy type) and the same goes for anime (though it's proving that good wiriting and interesting story is not everything since ratings for XY and XYZ anime were lowest of all Pokémon series so far, sadly). From gen 7, I have good feeling about games so far, but not so good feeling about anime. It feels less like Pokémon anime and more like Yo-Kai watch rip-off, as someone already mentioned. Hack, even Ash's outfit reminds Keita's summer outfit way too much. Not good feeling about this at all, but maybe this is what Japanese kids these days want? Only time will show.
Kaitonic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
OMG after the best XY/XYZ series now Ash going to go to school and what happens to the animation in this series Sad
Still I will give it a try when it's out..
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
And so Pokemon falls vicitim to the anime high school craze (well "high school" being in a manner of speaking since I'm sure Ash will still magically be 10...somehow). I wonder if they'll complete the joke by giving him his own harem?

Yes but a harem of pokemon players or just pokemon themselves? Anime hyper

Now Ash will have to figure out what pokemon type is best at figuring out calculus, chemistry, and world history. Though if he's still 10 I guess maybe he'll be learning basic math and how to write a complete sentence. Yea, this will be amazing. And obviously officer Jenny will be the hall monitor and nurse joy will be...well nurse joy. This is gonna be a trainwreck.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:04 pm Reply with quote
peno wrote:
Thank goodness gen 6 games were WAY better (though I could live without Fairy type) and the same goes for anime (though it's proving that good wiriting and interesting story is not everything since ratings for XY and XYZ anime were lowest of all Pokémon series so far, sadly).

Interesting you say this, since, at least from my observation, not many people enjoyed how XY's/ XY & Z's story generally panned out...
peno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Truth is, spoiler[the ending could be better and less predictable], but overall, the story was pretty good and the main cast worked well, with every character getting significant character development, which we did not see in Pokémon anime ever before. I don't have too many complaints, really, and from what I saw, a lot of people actually liked this series, spoiler[except the end, which was rightly criticised].
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
I am still waiting for old series to be completely subbed. Sad

But still, they really can't get rid of Satoshi and Pikachu.

Also, Kasumi (Misty) will always be the best.

Just think of this as Pokemon GX.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:02 pm Reply with quote
It's about time he decided to go to school. He's already 10 years old and he needs to give up on his dreams and think about his future. Wasn't really working out anyway.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
It's about time he decided to go to school. He's already 10 years old and he needs to give up on his dreams and think about his future. Wasn't really working out anyway.

Who knows maybe ash will build up harem at his new school and end up on a nice boat Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dmasterxd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
randy1925 wrote:
So it's finally time to say goodbye to the best female lead ever in Pokemon? RIP Serena best waifu, even though ur 10

Serena is nowhere close to the best female lead in Pokemon...That title still easily belongs to Dawn.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5