• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Gets TV Anime Series Premiering in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
dmasterxd wrote:
randy1925 wrote:
So it's finally time to say goodbye to the best female lead ever in Pokemon? RIP Serena best waifu, even though ur 10

Serena is nowhere close to the best female lead in Pokemon...That title still easily belongs to Dawn.

There should be a poll now. Which of Ash's female companions was best???

Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, or Serena???
Dextres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
It's about time he decided to go to school. He's already 10 years old and he needs to give up on his dreams and think about his future. Wasn't really working out anyway.

LMAO yeah right!

Ash is the last person to give up on his dreams, the kid too stubborn to...would probably laugh at you for even suggesting that.

But on a serious note for a sec,

Maybe something good will come out of Ash going to school this upcoming region; though I'm not really expecting a serious plotline or story to come out of it...especially timeskip.

Maybe the series may go Unova route again and what he does in this upcoming region will be like a "vacation" from the seriousness of Kalos region/something like a cooldown season after a serious one.

Last edited by Dextres on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
JDude042

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Dextres wrote:
especially timeskip

Ha! Time and skip are the last two words I'd ever expect from this series lol. My guess is that Arceus has stopped the flow of time in the Pokemon world and that's why everyone stays the same age, despite the Pokemon universe being created eons ago, and the franchise being around for 20 years now...

Random Guy: It's just a show you dumbass! Stop overthinking everything!

Ok... Crying or Very sad
epicwizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda surprised Ash is going to school in this new series. Hopefully, the new format is good and doesn't cause the series to jump the shark.

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
https://twitter.com/serebiinet/status/775265140757278724

Oh my God if this is his new character design I am definitely NOT gonna watch. It's UGLY AS SIN.[/img]

I think it's his smile and the weird pose he's doing with his arms that's making him look ugly.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
An Anime already? That was fast; I see they're not wasting any time this time around. But I think they should've taken a little more time to come up with something better a school. I mean really? I think they've finally run out of ideas. A Pokémon anime with going to school thrown in the mix sounds more boring than I can fathom. But I guess I can't complain too much since they're finally changing the formula. And after the backlash they received from having
Quote:
Ash lose the Kalos League yet again despite building him to win
I think it's a welcome change. I just think it should've been something a little more creative than having him attend school.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
There's no excuse now, give Ash a love interest and have him confess to her, even if the love interest has to force him to say that he loves her.
Dextres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
SailorNaruto wrote:
An Anime already? That was fast; I see they're not wasting any time this time around. But I think they should've taken a little more time to come up with something better a school. I mean really? I think they've finally run out of ideas. A Pokémon anime with going to school thrown in the mix sounds more boring than I can fathom. But I guess I can't complain too much since they're finally changing the formula. And after the backlash they received from having
Quote:
Ash lose the Kalos League yet again despite building him to win
I think it's a welcome change. I just think it should've been something a little more creative than having him attend school.

It's not like it the first time Ash has ever went to a school setting in the whole series...just that this time around it's what this upcoming region will be for the plot.
Dextres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
There's no excuse now, give Ash a love interest and have him confess to her, even if the love interest has to force him to say that he loves her.

LOL Their's going to be an excuse!!!!

Let's just see Ash make it to the league for this region(hopefully they still have that) and battle like he always does.
peno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

HELL NO! I don't want Ash with love interest. No way! He's still just 10 years old, he has lots of time for that. Besides, the only one who is worth Ash's love is Gary and that will never happen officially, since turning Pokémon to Shounen-Ai is unthinkable Sad
Dextres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
peno wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

HELL NO! I don't want Ash with love interest. No way! He's still just 10 years old, he has lots of time for that. Besides, the only one who is worth Ash's love is Gary and that will never happen officially, since turning Pokémon to Shounen-Ai is unthinkable Sad

Well actually no, their is no "time" at all in pokemon anime series, so it doesn't matter if Ash had a love interest or not(not like he will do anything about it anyway).
Blue21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:18 pm Reply with quote
epicwizard wrote:

I think it's his smile and the weird pose he's doing with his arms that's making him look ugly.

Makes me wanna punch him even more than usual at any rate.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
There should be a poll now. Which of Ash's female companions was best???

Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, or Serena???

Best Girl/Best Waifu: Serena, no contest

Best Female Lead: Yeah, I guess Dawn. She had a good character arc that didn't drag too long, could battle fairly well, and wasn't annoying.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Who knows...maybe a school can teach this idiot how to not constantly fail.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I haven't kept up with Pokemon for a long time. But this revelation has peeked my interest.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:24 pm Reply with quote
FlareKnight wrote:
Who knows...maybe a school can teach this idiot how to not constantly fail.

at least he still has the orange island league trophy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5