• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Gets TV Anime Series Premiering in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:50 pm Reply with quote
^ When you've hit rock bottom, you start counting filler wins.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I would be a bit more thrilled if the Rotom Pokédex also would make an appearance in the show... Smile
Hugh Mungus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Calling it now, despite Ash looking younger, they actually state he's 12 or 13.

Because, after that Kalos League Final, I'm pretty sure that this show is one big joke.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Wait, why is Charizard in the background image of the new anime visual? Is it Ash's Charizard from way back when? Is he finally returning to the show as a regular part of the series? It's probably too much to hope for but I really hope so. Ash getting rid of Charizard was still the dumbest thing he ever did.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Ash already has enough girls from his adventures to form a harem and enough Pokémon to fight an army. (not to mention the fact that he's a total loser) The only thing that he's missing now is a school... Wait that's what Sun & Moon is About well Ash has done it now he's officially become an average Anime hero. Laughing
jlaking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:18 am Reply with quote
CCTakato wrote:
Ash getting rid of Charizard was still the dumbest thing he ever did.

Ash never got rid of Charizard, he left at the valley to train and later it joined Ash in Shino, then was left at Oak's before Ash went Kalos.

Last edited by jlaking on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
CCTakato

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
Now you know how long it's been since I've kept up with the Pokemon anime.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote
jlaking wrote:
CCTakato wrote:
Ash getting rid of Charizard was still the dumbest thing he ever did.

Ash got rid of Charizard, he left at the valley to train and later it joined Ash in Shino, then was left at Oak's before Ash went Kalos.

Correction, he left Charizard to train in the valley in the middle of Johto, though he popped in to say hello and compete against Shigeru/Gary in the Johto finals. He also came back in Hoenn's Battle Frontier and journeyed with Satoshi/Ash for the entire final mini-season of Best Wish (Black & White) before returning to Satoshi/Ash for good and staying with his other Pokemon in Masara/Pallet Town. He never showed up in Kalos, though that may be because we already had an abundance, what with Red's Charizard in Origin and both Trova's and Alan's Charizards. Really, I'm wondering who or what is on this poster one's back...
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:36 am Reply with quote
i wonder when Ash will finally start to age in this series?

think about it, he is still 10 so that means EVERYTHING that has happened since the first episode has taken less than a year
Dextres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:55 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
i wonder when Ash will finally start to age in this series?

think about it, he is still 10 so that means EVERYTHING that has happened since the first episode has taken less than a year

It's the Peter pan effect.

sidenote:

Well for this new region after sleeping on it a bit, I wonder if the following will happen:

For Ash female companion(the green haired girl)- Wonder will she be unapologetic, get in ash face alot/fight(arguments) and think she's better then what she actually is...this should get fans and people talking for a long time.

For ash cooking needs and responsbile one- Wonder will they have some wierd quirk, character flaw or sillyness about themselves(male or female); but are actually reliable in contrast to the rest of Ash companions...creates dynamic and tension in Ash traveling group while in this new region.

School itself-hopefully the challenges aren't too easy; but not too difficult where multiple episodes are needed for Ash to get pass.

Hopefully their will be a major pokemon league in this region.

Ash rival-Someone that has a personality, competant, better then Ash in every way possible; though not perfect(or actually they are and it's being perfect is deconstructed in the series with that character), appears at crucial moments in the story of Ash travels in regards to pokemon battling(wins/loses, though something is learn from it with either one, with Ash compelled and invested enough to want and beat their rival).
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:24 am Reply with quote
At this point is there any need to keep Ash? Surely it would be better to just use the game protagonists?
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:26 am Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
At this point is there any need to keep Ash? Surely it would be better to just use the game protagonists?

and get rid of Team Rocket too, they are holding the series back because every episode ends up being the same
CheerSong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
Okay, not gonna lie, the whole school idea is rubbing me completely the wrong way.

To me, part of Pokemon's appeal has always been the element of adventure.
Traveling across multiple regions and meeting the people and Pokemon who live there is so much more exciting than a school setting...even if it's a special Pokemon school...

A school setting makes it feel even more like the kids anime I know deep down it's always been but...like...way to make the adult fans feel even older/more alienated.

...and yeah, the Yo-Kai Watch influences are strong...

Feeling really lukewarm about Gen 7 in general.
peno

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:

and get rid of Team Rocket too, they are holding the series back because every episode ends up being the same

Thank goodness I am not the only one who feel the same way. I couldn't agree more.
pauladls

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:25 am Reply with quote
peno wrote:
SageModeKakarot wrote:

Thank goodness I am not the only one who feel the same way. I couldn't agree more.

Its no happening team rocket is more loveable than ash in japan , kojiro,/ James is very popular
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5