• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gintama Manga Gets New TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midaro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:51 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Congrats for the franchise's fans. While I don't follow the series, I would have figured that a collective 325 episodes would have covered a bulk of the series by now.

You should watch it. One never gets tired of Gintama. The first two episodes aren't in the manga but help to introduce the charaters. Watch them knowing that. The actors and animators are great, also the soundtrack. This series has no filling episodes. When they were forced to slow down the show, instead of prolonging the story absurdly, they took the chance to break the fourth wall explaining to the audience the situation while arguing among themselves, or simply ended the season. Gintama is totally underated outside Japan. I first watched the anime and now I'm reading the manga. It's fun, crazy, satiric, astonishingly epic, dramatic, even romantic sometimes, and it hides great messages about life that will touch your soul. In short, it's good quality fuel for your day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4