• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Prisma Illya Series Has Film in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Well a movie now just when the last episode ended hope sentai dosnt sit on getting it
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Man I'm so pissed at where the anime ended and in Ep 11 which I was waiting for since the first epic fight with Illya/Kuro vs Alter Saber.
I hate this show for letting me down and for having so much damn fanservice but its fight scenes are so damn good... when they decide to animate it over yuri/lolicon fanservice.

Oh well if the movie isn't recap as another poster mentioned then that would be great and perhaps we might see what happened to Sakura? I mean how the hell did she randomly show up spoiler[from the muck and perma Installed to Berserker/Lancelot? Please don't tell me the Matou rape worm thingy existed in Miyu's world as well, I mean is there any incarnation of Sakura whose life doesn't suck? I Not gonna lie I'm a SakuraXEmiya shipper but I don't know if I trust anyone to handle the story with the tact it deserves]

Nonetheless I'll be waiting for more information hoping for the best.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Oh well if the movie isn't recap as another poster mentioned then that would be great and perhaps we might see what happened to Sakura? I mean how the hell did she randomly show up spoiler[from the muck and perma Installed to Berserker/Lancelot? Please don't tell me the Matou rape worm thingy existed in Miyu's world as well, I mean is there any incarnation of Sakura whose life doesn't suck? I Not gonna lie I'm a SakuraXEmiya shipper but I don't know if I trust anyone to handle the story with the tact it deserves]

If you want an actual answer here be spoilers spoiler[Sakura is Shirou's friend/kouhai in the Miyuverse just the same, and does still have her 'brother'. We don't really know what went on in there exactly, but there's no mention of Tohsaka anywhere so it's a huge ? how that came to be.

In any case, she's part of the Fake Holy War that's been going on but gives up on it to give Shirou a chance to save Miyu. Shinji kills her for it, while Shirou's right there.]

Having the flashback arc be a movie is a pretty wise decision considering the shift in tone it has from the series. I hope it holds up well.
kotelo_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Wow, this is excellent news! It makes sense too, given that the anime's catching up to the manga and that the core viewers might not be interested in Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Shirou.

On another note, I wonder when the season review for 3rei is coming out.

ANN review - 0.2/5
it wasn't zero, they go to school, beta males and patriarchy references in ep11
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
Talking about it, has anyone seen the accel World movie? I don´t see anyone talking about it

Yeah. It was half flashbacks. The other half is essentially fan service. Novel characters show up to do an attack or two on screen plus a festival with Haru/Hime time. It was cool to see the rest of the black legion as well as the kings (except white) animated and fighting. They could have easily done a full movie length with the story, but as is, it comes off as a cheap throw away plot. There are lots of novel spoilers and references from pretty late (like post LN15 or so).

I don't think the Illya movie will do that though. They're actually adapting source material. The AW movie was always planned as original content.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
What is it that is so appealing about this franchise, beyond the 1st anime beyond eroge-based that, that they keep making more? The anime series alone are collectively 100+ episodes/movies.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
What is it that is so appealing about this franchise, beyond the 1st anime beyond eroge-based that, that they keep making more? The anime series alone are collectively 100+ episodes/movies.

Hilarious comedy, engrossing character growth and development, stellar action scenes, and superb manga art (and for the most part good art for the anime) for Prisma.

As for the rest of the franchise: superpeople, saber, ideological conflicts, saber, other cute girls, saber, stop talking about saber already japan please free us from this suffering

But yeah, take the normal world, throw in magi, add some superpowered legendary figures with varying levels of anime and strike gold with how many different ways it goes.

Meanwhile Tsukihime rots in a corner...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
What is it that is so appealing about this franchise, beyond the 1st anime beyond eroge-based that, they keep making more?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2