• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bikini Warriors Anime Gets OVA on December 7

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deynard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Why people even watch ecchi like this? It's like hentai without fuxking. If you want nude chicks then go watch hentai.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Good things come to those who wait for BD's.
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Deynard wrote:
Why people even watch ecchi like this? It's like hentai without fuxking. If you want nude chicks then go watch hentai.
meh its a fab anime so that guys can unload we know its trash tho Smile but the girls are still hot.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Deynard wrote:

Hah - this is literally the first thing I thought on seeing the thread title. Entertained to find it was also the first response!
lazydude500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Deynard wrote:

reasons may include:

- ecchi anime have higher budgets = better animation

- certain fans like hearing their favorite seiyuu in lewd ecchi anime since they'd never do hentai/eroge work (if they did certainly wouldn't be under their real name)

- sometimes there's an unexpected surprise like a well done soundtrack (e.g. Queen's Blade)
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
It's another resurgence of bikini clad warriors. Are they still doing Queens Blade. Seems like this is another collab of artist making characters. I see Tony is on board.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
meh its a fab anime so that guys can unload we know its trash tho Smile but the girls are still hot.

Haha.

I wonder if Funimation will be able to release this later.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Deynard wrote:
Bikini Warriors was actually clever at times. It did a good job at poking fun at RPG tropes.

That said, a LOT of ecchi would be better off as hentai.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
This gets OVAs yet so many masterpiece shows go unnoticed? Why does Japan keep missing out on all the good series? Why do they not sell well?

There are exceptions, but it seems like what's popular over there never does as well as pandering material. I'd be lying if I said Hollywood was different, but there's gotta be a way for more mature works to make money.

And no, this show isn't mature. Fanservice for the sake of fanservice is simply immature, ironically, as it treats the viewer like an idiot.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:47 pm Reply with quote
More Bikini Warriors is good by me, very funny short series so more always welcome.

Lord Dcast wrote:
This gets OVAs yet so many masterpiece shows go unnoticed? Why does Japan keep missing out on all the good series? Why do they not sell well?

So basically you're saying you don't like it, why are they making something you don't like? You can just ignore it you know instead of moaning about why they aren't catering to your needs.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Deynard wrote:

uh its why its called a fanservice/ ecchi series. its more or less a toned down version of highschool dxd since the fanservice for bikini warriors is very risky. but i am not surprised. this is being created by the same studio that did Queens Blade and Valkyrie Drive Mermaid.

if this series got licensed by funi, it makes me wonder and hope that valkyrie drive also gets licensed and this time included with an english dub and not pull a sentai/section 23 and give an ecchi/fanservice series names OniAi the sub only treatment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NPC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Deynard wrote:

Maybe some people prefer hentai with less fuxking. Not everyone as hardcore as you. Why does it bother you? They don't make enough hentai anymore?

Don't like - don't watch it. Problem solved.
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Deynard wrote:

Because I don't want the "fuxking". I don't care for hentai, and I would much rather watch ecchi anime. Why the hell do you care so much anyways?
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:53 pm Reply with quote
This day have good news for ecchi fans. First all the main cast of sin Nanatsu no Taizai are complete and now this OVA.

Deynard wrote:

-Good animation.
-Good fan-service
-Good seiyuu
-Cute characters
-Good soundtrack
-Entertaining
-Sometimes have good plot like in Queen's Blade, DxD, Shinmai Maou no Testament

And

If you don't want nude girls on your anime then go watch something else. There are plenty of good anime without fan-service, if you hate it that much Wink

P.S. Some hentai have surprising good plots.

Lord Dcast wrote:

And no, this show isn't mature. Fanservice for the sake of fanservice is simply immature, ironically, as it treats the viewer like an idiot.

You remember me of an editor of Del Rey Manga when said that "Negima! Magister Negi Magi, which contained fan service, should be rated as "for immature readers 16+"

But who cares if is mature or not. As long as it gain so many fans, the objective of the anime is accomplished. It don't treat the viewer like a idiot. This anime knows exactly what the fan-service loving viewer are looking for and delivers.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:29 am Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:
More Bikini Warriors is good by me, very funny short series so more always welcome.

Lord Dcast wrote:

So basically you're saying you don't like it, why are they making something you don't like? You can just ignore it you know instead of moaning about why they aren't catering to your needs.

You misunderstand me. There are good ecchi series. This is not one of them.

'Good' and 'bad' don't necessarily line up with what I'm like. I'm just saying this is a poorly made series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2