• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix to Debut Kuromukuro's 2nd Season in U.S. on October 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:09 am Reply with quote
Coolback wrote:

The real question is, why more an anime is bad, why the chance to have a lot of episodes or a second season is increased.

Look this, Active raid, Entride, Bubuki Buranki and a lot of other.

It is a little amusing that a lot of critically and fan hated shows, or at least shows looked on as being extremely mediocre, are getting second seasons a lot lately, while hugely popular, and often highly successful shows haven't been.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:03 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Coolback wrote:

The real question is, why more an anime is bad, why the chance to have a lot of episodes or a second season is increased.

Look this, Active raid, Entride, Bubuki Buranki and a lot of other.

It is a little amusing that a lot of critically and fan hated shows, or at least shows looked on as being extremely mediocre, are getting second seasons a lot lately, while hugely popular, and often highly successful shows haven't been.

I'd say probably because they already had the series projected to be 24 and just used a season or two break for production like a lot of 24ep+ shows do these days.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
I'd be more interested what Netflix initially paid for this and whether they've made it back yet, after all the show wasn't exactly a hit. This being Netflix it might be pocket change for them, but still...
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
I'd be more interested what Netflix initially paid for this and whether they've made it back yet, after all the show wasn't exactly a hit. This being Netflix it might be pocket change for them, but still...

It's probably too early to know that. Most of the people I know who watched the first half thought it was decent and will be checking out the rest as soon as it's on Netflix, as will I, and everyone who has seen the whole thing(outside of Japan) stole it, so it'll be a while before there are any solid numbers for them, I imagine. I am very curious how well Sidonia, Seven Deadly Sins, and all of their other "Netflix Originals" have done though. All I can assume is that they've done well enough. Otherwise this sort of thing wouldn't keep happening.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Really peeves me seeing them call it season 2. Would've so much better if they aired as a weekly show, as I've said before..... Like Netflix Japan did.

Netflix is a joke for not doing this. Amazon Prime was better in doing the weekly streams for "Kabaner
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2