• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Fans Choose the Strongest Robot Pilots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCTakato

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:02 am Reply with quote
My picks were Amuro, Domon from G Gundam, and Asuka.
MetalAdder101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:15 am Reply with quote
Don't know how some will fell about it but this lady takes a beating alot and keeps coming. And too me it's just a wearable mecha she uses, And the reason she's my pick.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:43 am Reply with quote
Regardless of what the list says I say that Simon is the strongest mecha pilot ever because the fact that he has enough spiral power/fighting spirit to make his mecha the size of an entire galaxy makes him the best hands down. Cool
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:45 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure Zechs Marquise, who mastered the Tallgeese and proved a challenge for Heero (who is on the list) while using a Gundam that used projectiles only ONCE, would at least be an honorable mention.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:04 am Reply with quote
Lelouch is on the list, but not Kallen?! Lelouch isn't even that good. It's just his Knightmares that are good.
animalia555

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Kira on here makes me laugh. Kira relies heavily on his MS more than his own skills. After all, he's a programmer and not a pilot.
This
Mai Yukino

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised and disappointed that Sousuke Sagara of Full Metal Panic! didn't make the list. He's certainly a strong favorite of mine.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Quote:
Yoshiyuki Tomino, the creator of the Gundam series, himself acknowledged Amuro as having the "best piloting technique"

Proof that it's important to read the manual first.

That's based on UC, not on the series. Tomino doesn't tend to acknowledge other Gundam series, but as Gundam is Sunrise, not Tomino, his words mean little.

I.E, some people think the manga version of Turn A Gundam is legit, but Sunrise don't recognize non-anime as canon.

Last edited by NearEasternerJ1 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
NearEasternerJ1

Lemonchest wrote:
Quote:
Yoshiyuki Tomino, the creator of the Gundam series, himself acknowledged Amuro as having the "best piloting technique"

Proof that it's important to read the manual first.

That's based on UC, not on the series. Tomino doesn't tend to acknowledge other Gundam series, but as Gundam is Sunrise, not Tomino, his words mean little.

I.E, some people think the manga version of Turn A Gundam is legit, but Sunrise don't recognize non-anime as canon.
KASHIMSSKNEO

Certainly, If we talk about a balance between strenght and wisdom, my perfect choice will be Sagara Sousuke from FMP, he deserve the first position because he was able to perfect the lambda driver and also defeat all the amalgam group by himself, his feats and outstanding achievements seen in FMP Sigma will remain in my memory. Crying or Very sad
ew121

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
+ 光 wrote:
prime_pm wrote:
So not a single female pilot on here, huh? Figures.

Yeah I was thinking Kallen from Code Geass, but she's not even on the suggested list, and there's no option to add our own choice this time -_-

This. I don't see how Lelouch makes the list but not Kallen. And its pure skill, she doesn't have a spoiler[Geass pushing her on] like Suzaku. Anyways, it annoyed me so I signed in and used the "Other" feature to nominate her.

And if there should be anyone from NGE, I think it should probably be Asuka. I mean I don't think Shinji could have fought like she did in EoE.

And if we are talking no "high sync rates", special suits or other magical fairy dust than yea Girge from Broken Blade and Tanikaze Nagate from Knights of Sidonia should probably be on the list. And maybe Noriko from Gunbuster, because she has "GUTS!"

I agree with your last point.

About Kallen though, she's worse than Spinzaku and the show made it very clear, even with a superior robot she was worse than him. The Geass pushed him forward but it doesn't change his ability as a pilot, and he was better than her before that too.

But yeah agreed, she should definetely be here instead of Lelouch.

About Asuka, she's worse than Shinji during the entire series, one showing doesn't make her good.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
snake-eyes wrote:
To me Duke Fleed of Ufo Robo Grendizer is the Best Super Robot Pilot!
2) Sanshiro Tsuwabuki pilot of Gaiking (1976)
3) Ryoma pilot of Getter Dragon Getter Robo G

Ryoma is so insane he doesn't even need a robot to kill monsters. He'll just do it with a hatchet. There was the whole arc in New Getter where he was on his own, and he was just as badass.
ew121

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:21 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Regardless of what the list says I say that Simon is the strongest mecha pilot ever because the fact that he has enough spiral power/fighting spirit to make his mecha the size of an entire galaxy makes him the best hands down. Cool

This is why nobody takes Gurren Lagann newfriends seriously.

If you want to talk about power then check the several mazingers or getter robo, that Gurren Lagann rips off.
NeverLand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:38 pm Reply with quote
How about Mikazuki from Gundam IBO?
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Kallen should have been on this list in place of LeLouch. LeLouch is admittedly a terrible pilot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5