• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kenji Kamiyama Teases Ghost in the Shell News

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:19 am Reply with quote
I don't want to get my hopes up but please let it be a third season of GITS SAC because that would be epic. Cool
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
Oh man, 3rd Gig, please be true, please be true! With the live-action movie coming out, this is the perfect time to do it. Don't let us down, Kamiyama Smile
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
Hope it will be a season 3.

Finally some news about the Ghost in the Shell. There was noting since the 2015 Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie.

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
curtisd88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:58 am Reply with quote
The only Ghost in the Shell I ever cared about. If a season 3 or new movie happens I'll be there to watch it.

Oh and seeing that Manga Entertainment has the rights to SAC they need to hurry up and release this on Bluray. This is pretty much the only good anime they have left worth distributing aside from Redline.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:29 am Reply with quote
I wish they would release season 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray outside of Japan. it is nice that the JP BD has the English dub, but for both seasons you would need a few hundred.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:03 am Reply with quote
I almost had heart attack! Please, make it happen, Kamiyama-san! Give us the utopia!
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:38 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I wish they would release season 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray outside of Japan. it is nice that the JP BD has the English dub, but for both seasons you would need a few hundred.

Both seasons were released on BD outside of Japan, specifically South Korea, and if you got the "plain" edition (which by western standards would've been a Collector's Edition for sure) you could get both season for $189.98.

Plain Edition:
https://kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20946&word=ghost%20in%20the%20shell&key=eng_title

Lenticular Edition:
https://kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20460&word=ghost%20in%20the%20shell&key=eng_title

The Korean release is probably the better one as it basically mirrored the Japanese releases as far as discs goes, but also added English subtitles.

I can confirm that SAC looks amazing on BD as I imported both of the Lenticular LEs Very Happy.
gwdone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:08 am Reply with quote
FreshIngredient wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
CCTakato wrote:
It might be blasphemous to say but I personally always preferred SAC more than the Mamoru Oshii films

Wait, there are people who prefer the movies?

Yeah...well just the first one, I've heard a lot of people don't like its sequel "Innocence"

I'm one on the side of loving INNOCENCE!! That artwork, the parade scene, Kim, the dolls, the continued haunting musical theme by Kenji Kawai, the focus on Batou,..... It's straight up GREAT!

Did I mention the ARTWORK? I love it all actually, but INNOCENCE is dear to my heart! Artwork wise, it's above all the rest, so basically on GITS anything.....The more the merrier for this financial backer!
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
3rd season please! SAC is one of my top 10 anime.
ResistNormal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:38 am Reply with quote
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex so needs a domestic Blu-ray release too.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:54 am Reply with quote
let it NOT be more SAC, and no more innocence as well, I want something fresh, preferably something with motoko aramaki.
curtisd88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:26 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
let it NOT be more SAC, and no more innocence as well, I want something fresh, preferably something with motoko aramaki.

Isn't that what Ghost in the Shell: Arise is for?
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I'd settle with a new SAC movie following SSS since that followed 2nd GIG if I recall correctly. It was interesting seeing all the changes like Togusa being the new leader and The Major being awol.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see the tanks AI! Live on in season three! Miss them greatly!
redranger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm also one of those people who didn't care much for the film but loved SAC. If he does direct a third season hopefully he can make up for the garbage second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3