• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Yuri!!! on Ice, Monster Hunter Stories, Tōken Ranbu: Hanamaru, Show By Rock!!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fencer_x

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote
The YOI animation and music are fantastic, and it's shaping up to be a very funny, moving, and extremely female-friendly anime. Having seen the first three episodes at a preview screening here in Tokyo, I could easily see it enjoying the same popularity and longevity as "Free!"
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:03 am Reply with quote
Hmm... it's looking more and more likely that those Sentai pick ups will be exclusive to TAN... darn. Sad
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:11 am Reply with quote
I can't believe the Funimation curse continues to haunt Latin America even after they give up the subbing part of the business over to Crunchyroll
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:37 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Funimation is regretting their union with CR yet; At least in the last CR update, they got a notice of which shows they'll get, here nothing.

Was there anything I wanted to watch this season or was I just unimpressed by the previous season? I think Monster Musume was the last series I actively sought out, what I usually do is try all that I can and watch what sticks as I've done since the late 90s and anime on cable.

The last thing I want is "everything"; The quality will just depress me.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote
NGL, kinda looking forward to S2 of MWITSCP.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:54 am Reply with quote
So, Funimation is not going to announce any titles anymore? Yesterday the fall season started and Funimation didn't announce any titles they got the full rights for despite working together with crunchyroll. They just let crunchyroll announce all subs and then Funimation announce which ones get to be a weekly dub? I mean crunchyroll got titles i was sure about funimation would have the rights too... Show by rock and Brave witches for example.

Im really curious how they are going to work this out.
gabuhaha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:43 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
So, Funimation is not going to announce any titles anymore? Yesterday the fall season started and Funimation didn't announce any titles they got the full rights for despite working together with crunchyroll. They just let crunchyroll announce all subs and then Funimation announce which ones get to be a weekly dub? I mean crunchyroll got titles i was sure about funimation would have the rights too... Show by rock and Brave witches for example.

It seems like that will be the case. Based on regions, Token Ranbu, Show by Rock, and Monster Hunters are most likely shows that Funimation has the license for that they are letting Crunchyroll stream subbed. The regions are the same as the couple of Funimation shows that Crunchyroll started simulcasting a few weeks ago.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
Funimation announced getting the rights to Monster Hunter a while back (before the partnership was announced) so it seems like they're letting Crunchy handle the subtitling half of the equation, like they said at the start. Presumably we'll get announcements for dubs premiering on Funi in the coming days/weeks.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Funi is letting CR sub probably because they listen to fans who said their subs were bad and just focusing on what they good at dubbing.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
What's cool is that CR is offering both the censored and uncensored versions of MWITSCP 2. Now, if they were they had that option more often with full-length harem/fan service shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1