• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Witch Academia TV Anime Reveals January Debut & Returning Cast, Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChestPains

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Everyone bringing up KLK's animation but nobody brings up Kiznaiver.
They did a good job with Kiznaiver, and if LWA is just slightly more than that it'll be good. Though the second movie was a bit lacking in substance to me.

I don't want to get my hopes up.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote
ChestPains wrote:
Everyone bringing up KLK's animation but nobody brings up Kiznaiver.
They did a good job with Kiznaiver, and if LWA is just slightly more than that it'll be good. Though the second movie was a bit lacking in substance to me.

I don't want to get my hopes up.

Good point. Kobayashi handled the production of Kiznaiver incredibly well. I would love it if they were able to do the same with LWA, but Yoshinari doesn't seem quite the same organizationally as Kobayashi.
redranger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope the animation is better than that of kill la kill which had GARBAGE animation. It doesn't need to be Eva 2.0 or anything like that. Lets just start with decent. Kill all kill wasn't even that.
Konopan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:42 am Reply with quote
Tajima wrote:
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
My main concern is whether they can keep up the super-high animation quality of the franchise. I like Studio Trigger's work, but there's a big difference between working for a year on a one hour film and having to churn out half an hour a week.

I haven't watched any of their other shows, but they seemed to do alright with Kill la Kill.

Kill la Kill had a fair share of good scenes, but it was nowhere near consistent, in comparison to LWA or even any other TV series the studio has done, and a common rumor states that several episodes were essentially destroyed because Imaishi thought they looked too good for the show. If you were to watch the middle 8 episodes of the show again you might notice that besides ep 12 they're heavily loaded with scenes that have about as much quality as Flash animation

But considering Yoshinari is directing the series, it's unlikely for something like that to happen again, and most of the gaps in quality or constant character animation will probably be covered up with the orgasmic background art anyway
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:43 am Reply with quote
Konopan wrote:
a common rumor states that several episodes were essentially destroyed because Imaishi thought they looked too good for the show.

I've never heard anything about this rumor... but that strikes me as highly unlikely. Confused

I've watched all of the making of documentaries that came with my Blu-rays, and am well aware that he returned storyboards and key animation that he thought was too complex for what he wanted, but I highly doubt the guy would "destroy" anything that his crew worked hard on. Especially not entire episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2