• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Keijo!!!!!!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't get "it". This isn't a sport, it's a game show, right? If only the winners get paid and the losers only get the honor of exploited. So, she meant bonus, right? There's a baseline pay and a bonus for winners? Right?

"Winners get paid, losers get wet. This is what I want to do!" Episode off. Kind of a record, didn't even make it to the credits.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
I don't get "it". This isn't a sport, it's a game show, right? If only the winners get paid and the losers only get the honor of exploited. So, she meant bonus, right? There's a baseline pay and a bonus for winners? Right?

"Winners get paid, losers get wet. This is what I want to do!" Episode off. Kind of a record, didn't even make it to the credits.

It's probably more like poker or maybe boxing or MMA, so it's gambling if anything. Really you could have discerned that from the promotional material, so this looks less like quick discernment of what you don't like and more a failure to properly vet a show before watching it. And if you watched it to see what all the fuss is about, how about watching more than a few minutes of it? You were correct in your first sentence. You don't get it at all, but that's fine. Just don't expect people to put much stock in your opinion of the series
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

It's a sport. Think of it as one of those Anime where a silly game has taken the world at large by storm, Like Yu-gi-oh or Gundam build fighters, and adjust your expectations accordingly. Just switch out "get beaten in fighting" or "beaten in goals" with "pushed into the water" and apply the usual system of sponsorships and cash prizes. It's basicly a prince of tennis of childrens pool game.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
But even in combat sports the loser gets show money.

Then again, I'm trying to apply human logic to boobs and butt sumo. Clearly the two do not mesh together.
Luke's JRPG Channel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Just when you think you have seen it all, this episode had a lot of unreal things in it.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

Congrats on the record, but you are thinking waaaaay too hard about this.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Boob Hypnotism. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Holy Lord, this episode reminded me of just how much I love this series. Of just how unashamed I am for so. And it only gets better from there.

I'm gonna hold off from watching the first episode dubbed. Every time I watch an anime in English, I find that I can't go back to the original or other alternate languages without a feeling of disparity. That's why I could never watch the second season of Squid Girl, or the Funimation seasons of Shakugan no Shana.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Great episode. The last episode was a little lighter on the hilariousness for me at least, but this one just brought me right back in. It's no wonder that this show is the most popular new fall simulcast in 9 states for CR at least, including my new home state of Virginia.

Theron in the episode 4 review wrote:
Gone is the more traditional fanservice that prevailed last episode in place of a return to the show's initial selling point: insanely goofy fanservice situations played so seriously that it's easy to get caught up in the action and forget you're even watching fanservice at all.

Eh...pretty sure the "uncramping" scene counts towards more traditional fanservice. The point is largely correct nonetheless.

Also it's Sayaka not Sayaki
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
Boob Hypnotism. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Boobnotism.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
Looks like other shows this season have already started to catch on:

GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
From the openings alone it looks spoiler[like the anime will be able to finish the East-West War arc since the arc after that is their graduation and transition into the pro leagues]
synaia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:29 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
That's probably it, then: there's something wrong with the PC encodes that isn't affecting the device encodes.

That might be it, I've asked CR about it but haven't gotten a reply back besides saying the ticket was forwarded to the video support team. Will include what you said if they ever decide to reply back. (has been a week since then.)
Kendra Kirai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
Keijo!!!!!!!! Continues to be either one of the best, or one of the WORST things ever, depending on how receptive you are to it's particular brand of ludicrosity. There doesn't seem to be much room for a middle ground,
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
I would never claim it to be the best thing ever, outside of playful hyperbole anyway, but it is insanely enjoyable and smile/laugh inducing. And that's all it really needs to be. The names of the attacks alone are pure gold.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 12