• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sae Okamoto's Mecha-Ude Anime Kickstarter Campaign Reaches Goal

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:07 am Reply with quote
Looks oky though i hope the animation will be bit better since they will obviously get enough money for it, because from that PV the character design is just ugh not really the best
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
First time I've even heard of this. Nice job!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote
I wonder how much they would need for a 5-6 episode OVA//ONA series because I think it could be better developed that way.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:39 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
It's a small budget work, why would you expect a top tier production? They are getting by with what they got. At least a bit of encouragement is better.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:
It's a small budget work, why would you expect a top tier production? They are getting by with what they got. At least a bit of encouragement is better.

i know that but since they already reached the amount of money they need befor the deadline, which shows that there are quite many interested into this one so would be nice to get a bit better quality anime instead of a poor animation one
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:23 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Afezeria wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

i know that but since they already reached the amount of money they need befor the deadline, which shows that there are quite many interested into this one so would be nice to get a bit better quality anime instead of a poor animation one

$25,000 won't be making much of a difference, and it certainly is not enough to fund an entire 25-minute episode. I imagine at least ten times the amount would be required to fund a well-animated 25-minute. So the 25,000 will be a bonus, not the entire production budget.

You don't seem to like the character design, but that's a different point and not a matter of budget, but stylistic choices. It reminds me a bit of Mob Psycho 100 which had similarly simplistic designs, but fantastic animation (some of the best in TV anime memory).
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:46 am Reply with quote
Congrats in reaching their goal!
nhat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of FLCL
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1