• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Occultic;Nine

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:41 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
The young female FBI agent is Asuna not Ayane. You got it right [in the reviews for episodes 7 and 8]. The only Ayane related to the show is Ryoka's VA Ayane Sakura.

Reposting this (with edits) until it is corrected.

Alright, it's been fixed.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I expected to see something about the 10th episode being headache inducing with all its weird angles that seemed to serve no purpose whatsoever other than try to not get you bored with Miyu's stuff (it didn't accomplish that very well), but alas.

Still really like Shuu, though. One of my reasons for having not liked the last episodes as much is the fact that he's only tangentially involved with the main cast at this point.
Selipse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[WAIT, IS GAMOTAN A GIGALOMANIAC?]

It was a good show. Definitely had the most interesting visual presentation of the year, only matched by Mob Psycho 100. Lots of remaining mysteries, but, eh, I expected that. I can't wait for the VN next year. I wonder if it'll end at a similar point in the story.

Also, where the fudge is the Chaos;Child PV?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quote
My two word review of Occultic;Nine now that it is complete:

Occultic;Nein.

*giggle*

Actually, I didn't mind it. I give it a Decent rating. Mainly due to Ryo-tas life-affirming giant breasts.
Selipse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote
That's not what chuunibyou means, in any of those cases. Fate/Stay Night could be described as a chuuni work, but Shirou doesn't have chuunibyou.

Actual chuuni characters would be Okabe from Steins;Gate, Kaidou from Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan, and of course, half the cast from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Overall I enjoyed this but when they introduced the spirit of the spoiler[dead daughter or Tesla] it just became kind of unbelievable for me I still enjoyed it but that just struck me as silly. In short this felt a lot like Perfect Insider for me in that it had an interesting mystery but it's character writing and over all execution of the story felt bungled.
Renasviel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
I was a bit disappointed overall. I never liked the idea of Sci;ADV being fiction within Occultic;Nine's setting, and nothing about this really convinced me this universe was worth more exploration as opposed to Sci;ADV's universe.

The anime itself felt a lot like Chaos;Head's. SciADV (and related material) adaptations do not have a wonderful track record, and between this and a 12 episode Chaos;Child, I don't think that is going to get any better. The whole thing felt very rushed and poorly organised, but it was at least entertaining. Maybe a low 6 overall.
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Great series. I like the sci-fi aspect even if it's too far fetched from reality. I also enjoy the fast pace and how the show is so jam-packed with events and plot development. Although I feel the albino kid and the painter need a whole lot more character development. They feel like a tease to get the audience to read the VNs just to learn more about those two characters. Not a fan of the main character's whiny personality but at least he gets the job done. And, of course, lastly, I enjoyed Ryotas ta-tas. Props to the character designer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6