• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nanbaka Anime Adds Mitsutaka Itakura, Hiroshi Yanaka, Shizuki Okohira, More to Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yappers4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm enjoying this anime. I really hope there will be a season 2.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:59 am Reply with quote
For that one person, looks like there's an additional 1 1/2 women added to the cast.

I say half because KAGU-8 is obviously a robot modeled to look female, not a real human lady.

The Otogi pair are either husband and wife or brother and sister.
Ashymo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
For that one person, looks like there's an additional 1 1/2 women added to the cast.

I say half because KAGU-8 is obviously a robot modeled to look female, not a real human lady.

The Otagis are a couple, and the robot, Kagu is their daughter.
Females do appear throughout the series, the female warden barely appears in the manga anymore aside from omakes and the likes, there was one evil mom in a few chapters. Noriko, is one that appears in this current arc, her role is quite minor.
Upa, Ruka, Hitoshi are males despite their looks. Rabbit, Cat, Nanairo, may or may not be girls. I learned from the author's previous work, Sex men not to get fooled by their sex/gender despite their looks.
But honestly you're better of reading/watching something else if you're only in for the "wifus", this series is as sausage fest as it can get. This more like Lucky Dog 1 than Prison School. You won't be seeing any T&A, but instead you'll get plenty of PPP(Pecks, painted nails & piercings) on men.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Ashymo wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

Females do appear throughout the series, the female warden barely appears in the manga anymore aside from omakes and the likes, there was one evil mom in a few chapters. Noriko, is one that appears in this current arc, her role is quite minor.
Upa, Ruka, Hitoshi are males despite their looks. Rabbit, Cat, Nanairo, may or may not be girls. I learned from the author's previous work, Sex men not to get fooled by their sex/gender despite their looks.
But honestly you're better of reading/watching something else if you're only in for the "wifus", this series is as sausage fest as it can get. This more like Lucky Dog 1 than Prison School. You won't be seeing any T&A, but instead you'll get plenty of PPP(Pecks, painted nails & piercings) on men.

Dude, I only wrote this comment because someone else wasn't sure if there were any women in this series. Or going to the prison. I told them about Warden Momoko, but that idiot tells me she could be a man with a large breastplate. Confused

Again that person was an idiot. I could care less whether the Otagis are together or not. Makes no difference to me. I'm not watching this for T&A either. I'm glad it's not about that. And I already know how to identify the men from women in the anime.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm yelling at you. I'm not.
Ashymo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Ashymo wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

Dude, I only wrote this comment because someone else wasn't sure if there were any women in this series. Or going to the prison. I told them about Warden Momoko, but that idiot tells me she could be a man with a large breastplate. Confused

Again that person was an idiot. I could care less whether the Otagis are together or not. Makes no difference to me. I'm not watching this for T&A either. I'm glad it's not about that. And I already know how to identify the men from women in the anime.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm yelling at you. I'm not.

I'm sorry if it felt like I was attacking you, English is not my first language. When I used you, I was actually talking in a general sense, and not specifically to you. I qouted your post to confirm as manga reader, that females exist series, but they just occupy really minor roles, and the main focus aren't on them, unlike Prison School(seen a lot of people comparing them), where the focus is mainly on the females. (Correct if I'm wrong, I haven't read/watched it).
About the otagis, I wanted to clarify that they're a couple since you wrote that they could be siblings.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1