• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Makes The Dragon Maid of Kobayashi-san TV Anime for January Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredMaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
TheRahi00 wrote:

Why watching all the rather mediocore shows but not Hibike Euphonium which is arguably one of their best shows ?

Because I like it? Call it mediocore or whatever, it is way better than yaoi and yuri baited anime. By the way, I also like Hyouka and Kyoukai no Kanata. Both are mediocore type anime but enough to give good impression to me. And the last comedy show I ever enjoy made by them was Nichijou so this kinda give mixed feeling on how they will do the next comedy show.

Yes I revived my 1 yr abandoned ANN account just to react to this, I kinda agree with that dude that you just quote, kinda ironic since you're contemplating so much on the quality of anime that KyoAni's been releasing in the past few years while you can't even give yourself some time to watch one of their recent best animes that KyoAni has to offer just because of so called "yuri or yaoi" bait which is basically triggered by the fanbase not the material that the anime or author intended to be, to be fair Sound Eupho is pretty solid from the story or rather school drama, music of course,characters is the main strength of this show with depth which makes them more realistic than the ones you had watched, and of course the animation which is miles better than the shows you just discussed especially the amount of detailing with the instruments,camera angles, lighting and the backgrounds, but nope still YURIBAITTTTTT whatever floats your boat I guess

OT: KyoAni + Dragons + Maid + Office Lady : Never expected that combination to happen for all the school related animes they had released so far but still in for the daily life of monsters again Very Happy

OpinionatedWeaboo wrote:
Given the history of KyoAni being terrible at adapting lighter/comedy shows, I'm not very excited about this.
I thought Studio Seven did a good job with "I can't understand what my husband is saying", why not give this project from the same author to them once again? Hell, why not Doga Kobo? They've consistently proved they're great at light-hearted/comedy shows.

Because they did very horrible and terrible on Amagi, LuckyStar, K-On! and Nichijou OK bruuuh

#back to abandoning this shit account again

Last edited by FredMaki on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fronzel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Coolkyoushinja's getting so many animes made out of his works.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
OpinionatedWeaboo wrote:
I thought Studio Seven did a good job with "I can't understand what my husband is saying", why not give this project from the same author to them once again? Hell, why not Doga Kobo? They've consistently proved they're great at light-hearted/comedy shows.

Well, Komori-san was also adapted good by Artland.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like it should be a good series, even if it is a little unexpected. Hopefully they do a good job with it. KyoAni is quite good at adapting light hearted shows, so I expect this will be great as well. I mean it can't be worse than Euphonium right?
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I hate it when the media messes up mythical creatures especially dragons. If people are running out of ideas and they need inspiration for a fantasy story they could easily dig and find lore that not many stories have touched upon. That way it will keep things fresh and original instead of abusing the same epic creatures which not many modern stories have managed portray correctly.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, I've already known about this, but since Kyoto Animation will be doing the animation, this is a guaranteed watch for me!
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

Comedy yuri, so don't expect much progress in the anime.

Its between the office lady and the dragon girl(the older one).

So similar to Yuru Yuri or just the standard baiting jokes? Cause if it's the former I'll care, but if it's the latter this just got a whole lot more unappealing. Checking manga websites and stuff this isn't listed as yuri so I'm assuming it's yuri if you wear your yuri goggles, essentially.

Animechic420 wrote:

The manga is shoujo ai with GL subtexts.

So yuri? lol
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

Comedy yuri, so don't expect much progress in the anime.

Its between the office lady and the dragon girl(the older one).

So similar to Yuru Yuri or just the standard baiting jokes? Cause if it's the former I'll care, but if it's the latter this just got a whole lot more unappealing. Checking manga websites and stuff this isn't listed as yuri so I'm assuming it's yuri if you wear your yuri goggles, essentially.

Animechic420 wrote:

The manga is shoujo ai with GL subtexts.

So yuri? lol

Closer to yuru yuri than whatever baiting jokes are.
Luke's JRPG Channel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I thought that was a Charizard in the background when I first looked at the picture.
Kreion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
TheRahi00 wrote:

Why watching all the rather mediocore shows but not Hibike Euphonium which is arguably one of their best shows ?

Because I like it? Call it mediocore or whatever, it is way better than yaoi and yuri baited anime. By the way, I also like Hyouka and Kyoukai no Kanata. Both are mediocore type anime but enough to give good impression to me. And the last comedy show I ever enjoy made by them was Nichijou so this kinda give mixed feeling on how they will do the next comedy show.

fudge you is Hyouka mediocre, it's probably the best show KyoAni ever made and blasts a lot of their other generic crap out of the water - the fact that you even put it in the same sentence as Kyoukai no Kanata is ridiculous.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
Hikarunu wrote:
TheRahi00 wrote:

fudge you is Hyouka mediocre, it's probably the best show KyoAni ever made and blasts a lot of their other generic crap out of the water - the fact that you even put it in the same sentence as Kyoukai no Kanata is ridiculous.

Pretty sure they said that it wasn't mediocre and they liked both Hyouka, and Kyoukai no Kanata. So there's no real particular reason to feel incensed.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Damn I was really hoping Violet Evergarden would be premiering in January. This is kyoani though so I will still watch it.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:53 pm Reply with quote
>KyoAni animating this.

Inb4 this becomes another Hibike. Yuribaiting that will result in a het end and possible additions of anime-original males.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:16 pm Reply with quote
OpinionatedWeaboo wrote:
Given the history of KyoAni being terrible at adapting lighter/comedy shows, I'm not very excited about this.

I've liked pretty much all of their comedies with Takemoto directing. FMP? Fumoffu, Nichijou, Amagi, and Lucky Star routinely made me laugh each episode.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:21 pm Reply with quote
TheRahi00 wrote:

I called them mediocore because you said that you didn't liked them. I hardly think any Kyoani anime is mediocore thanks to their directing style, animation, attention for details and so on. Also this is a line which I keep seeing which annoys me so much. Hibike is not Yuri. Not even close to being a yuri, it's just the fandom exaggerating as always. I wouldn't even call it Yuri bait. Hibike has so many other good points and gets called one of the best Kyoani shows for a reason. Of course not saying that you have to watch it, but I find it odd to see that you watched so many other Kyoani shows but not this one.

I dont know but the way you call other KyoAni anime mediocore and claimed Hibike is good made me confused, because some people dont really like Hibike. People hardly recommend Hibike as good anime either. So it is can considered as mediocore too.

I dont watch it yet because of fandom thingy. Yeah fandom problem kinda messed the good anime. I mean, I dont even watch Shingeki no Kyojin thanks to their fandom. They annoyingly tried to get everyone to watch that anime which give impression to me that anime is overrated.
Even you say Free is so darn good I would still to avoid watch it because their fandom are mostly fujoshi fans. And thus the baited yaoi/yuri word comes from.

Cyclone1993 wrote:
I mean it can't be worse than Euphonium right?

Ok, what is that could mean? Other poster above said Hibike is good while you said other way around?

Kreion wrote:

Mediocore doesnt mean a bad word. It is not bad but it is not too good either. Hyouka have very slow pacing plot and I almost drop this show but I actually survived with this show. So it is good to me. Other people also watch this and they might still dont like it. Mediocore mean average because half people like it while other half dont find it interesting. Unlike Re:Zero which almost 90% people liking it, Hyouka is nowhere at that level. What I trying to say, Hyouka is a very good show but this anime is not for everyone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4